As part of the Engineering team, you will help us scale and develop our infrastructure and ensure stability and availability of our webshop, logistics middleware and connected internal services as one self-healing and auto-scaling platform to a continuously growing demand of online art buyers. We are a small team of professional engineers, each an expert in their field but all-rounders at heart. You will get the opportunity to deep-dive into infrastructure as code, AWS and scalable system design every day. Moreover, our internal training and development program ensures that you continuously improve your technical and soft skills.
- Deliver best-in-class infrastructure management and help us horizontally scale our platform and development process
- Be open to touch backend code as well as plan the infrastructure in the cloud.
- Sharing your knowledge of DevOps practices and pragmatic problem-solving in the cloud to let us learn and grow as a team
- Continuously identifying and optimising bottlenecks on the platform
- Continuously optimising our monitoring and development practices
- Help the team to be test-driven and own our continuous integration platform
- Understanding agile methodologies and best practices to the process
- Live by YBIYRI and love ownership.
- Proven track record of successfully implemented engineering projects
- 3+ years Scala experience
- Other JVM based programming experience is a plus
- Open for learning new technologies
- Passion for functional programming
- Strong SQL database experience
- Experience with test-driven development (continuous integration)
- Agile methodology experience
- Passionate troubleshooter and quick thinker, resilient and able to assess risks
- Love the challenge of making complex things simple
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge and learning every day
MORE THAN A JOB
Our renovated factory-floor office is flooded with light, filled with plants, and sits on the border of Mitte and Kreuzberg—just a stone’s throw away from the river Spree and Markthalle Neun. We have an open feedback culture with biannual appraisals while offering internal training and workshops for personal and professional development.
Our international team is made up of 27 nationalities and proudly boasts two dogs—English is our lingua franca, but you’ll hear lots of languages (and the odd woof) around the office. Our kitchen sports a fridge stocked with beer and wine for after-work wind-down time and random moments of celebration. In addition to enjoying a 30% discount on all JUNIQE art, our employees also benefit from a range of partnerships including reduced membership at the Urban Sports Club.
Did this speak to you? Send a cover letter including your desired starting date and salary indication, along with your CV.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box on the job description, but see yourself contributing to the future of JUNIQE, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the art market.