UP42 is changing the way geospatial data is accessed and analyzed. The developer platform and marketplace bring together multiple sources of data such as satellite imagery, weather data, and more—with algorithms to identify objects, detect change, and find patterns. Industry leaders use UP42 to inform business decisions and build scalable customer solutions.
We are looking for a (Senior) Data Science Engineer - Processing Team (m/f/x) to join our motivated team in Berlin.
About the role:
- Implement algorithms that access, manipulate and analyze geospatial imagery and vector data
- Containerize algorithms into processing blocks using Docker
- Test, validate and quantify results of UP42 and partner blocks
- Contribute to the highly efficient agile development process
- Closely collaborate with the CTO and Head of Data Science in order to align work streams and achieve the set partner integration and functionality launch goals
- Work together with backend and frontend engineers on implementing new platform features
- Guide external and more junior people in the team as well as external stakeholders
- Experience in the geospatial industry, especially with image processing and cloud native geospatial (GDAL, COG, STAC)
- Several years of experience and demonstrated understanding of the full software development lifecycle including testing, CI/CD and object oriented programming
- Knowledge of Python (incl. Rasterio, NumPy, Pandas)
- Experience with artificial intelligence, machine learning algorithms, tools and frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, Keras, MLFlow, etc.) and computer vision is a plus
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- Solid ability to evaluate and apply new technologies
- Self-motivated, proactive and solution-oriented
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Fluency in English
- The chance to shape the state of the art geospatial processing platform and create a completely new planetary perspective
- Nice office with everything you need to enjoy your work in the heart of Kreuzberg
- Inspiring international team, fun and productive environment
- Competitive salary package and other great benefits
- Regular team events, team updates and get-to-gathers
- Development budget: we help you grow and you grow UP42!
- Challenges, space for creativity and taking ownership
Does this sound like a good next step into your geospatial career? If so, we look forward to receiving your application in English.
Our culture is one of belonging, where everyone feels welcome and where differences are celebrated. We seek to recruit the best talent regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background and/or belief—and strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We also value more than the skills and experiences outlined in this job description. Even if you think you only fill 60% of the requirements for this role - we would still like to consider your application.