As a Performance Engineer at Hopin, you will work within the team helping to improve performance and capacity of Hopin’s systems. You'll be helping to build a multi tool performance test framework to run up to 1 million users concurrently, identify issues in the application / infrastructure, and help in maintaining test artifacts in response to a very fast rate of application change.
- Load and Performance testing of all aspects of Hopin’s video platform.
- Proactively identifying performance issues using existing monitoring and suggesting solutions to the engineering teams
- Helping to build a performance test framework and incorporating it into the CI pipeline
- Assist with management of our scale environment, including test data creation and maintenance
- 5+ years of performance engineering experience working on distributed systems at scale.
- Extensive experience running performance tests against systems, and organizing and sharing performance results.
- Experience creating and maintaining complex test data and load testing environments.
- Experience in automated load testing frameworks.
- You’ve scaled a system to support hundreds of thousands of concurrent users.
- Familiarity with distributed performance testing tools, such as Jmeter, Gatling, Blazemeter, k6s and others.
- Tuning experience around connection pools, thread pools, caches, load balancing and more.
- Has worked with relational databases in the past, both identifying performance issues and creating queries to manage / create test data
- Experience automating complex multi-step processes.
- Experience with telemetry/diagnostic systems like Honeycomb.io, New Relic, Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, etc.
- Experience of building test artifacts on the cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Good knowledge of version control.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Redis, Postgres and Ruby on Rails (nice to have)
- Load and performance testing of video (RTMP and WebRTC) (nice to have)
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- $800 USD for Home-Office set up
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.