At Edgelab, we assess investment risk with high accuracy. Behind our innovative API product, there is a mix of talents from software development, system engineering, and quant backgrounds. Quality is our asset, and we strive for technical excellence to deliver expected and reliable artifacts that run smoothly on production. Our team faces a broad range of challenges like availability, scalability, integrability, and accuracy. We need to operate vast volumes of data, perform massive computations, and handle millions of requests per day from our clients all over the world. To help us to find solutions to ever bigger challenges, we’re hiring skilled engineers who enjoy working on interesting problems in a fast-paced environment. It’s a full-time position based in Lausanne.
What You'll Do
- Participate in every step of our systems development lifecycle: proactive analysis, design, realization, delivery, and support.
- Ensure correctness, maintainability, and sustainability of the delivered solutions, following and promoting our established mindset for well-crafted design, code, and testing.
- Work with Java, Spring, Kotlin, Reactor, Cassandra, Docker, Elastic Stack, Grafana, AWS. See our full technology stack on stackshare.io/edgelab/edgelab.
What You Need
- 3+ years of experience in backend software development.
- Proficiency in one of these JVM languages: Kotlin, Java, Scala.
- Experience with SQL databases (NoSql would be an advantage).
- Awareness of microservices and event-driven architectures, together with their design, implementation, and operating challenges.
- Passion about writing clean code. We appreciate practices like Domain-Driven Design, BDD, or TDD.
- Curiosity and commitment.
- Be a reliable team member with soft skills like empathy, solidarity, openness, and courage.
- Collaborative skills for participating in requirements analysis sessions with our product owners, in collegial design sessions with your teammates, and in daily work with our infrastructure team.
- Experience with front-end stack would be an advantage.
- You will work in a small autonomous team with a high degree of freedom and take ownership of the outcomes.
- You will have an active role in decision making.
- Your skills will be actively leveraged, and ultimately, you’ll see your work impact the clients.
- It’s a high opportunity for developing yourself in a kind, respectful, and flexible environment.
- You’ll have up to 20% of the working time for learning and innovation.
- You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to open source projects concerning daily problem-solving.
- We get serious work done in an informal environment. You can set your schedule to enjoy a work-life balance that suits you.
- We foster togetherness and collaboration, whether working on a cross-functional project or gathering over an apéro after work.
Our Recruitment Process It consists of a few stages, each one allowing us to get to know you better. You also gain a better understanding of our culture and the work we do at Edgelab. It usually takes 2 to 3 weeks based on your availability and convenience.