Principal Engineer, Cloud
About The Role
We have an exciting role for a (Infrastructure) Principal Engineer, Cloud, who will be responsible for helping with the design and development of the AWS and GCP architectures for protecting business critical data and assets. This position will directly contribute to the overall global enterprise cloud architecture. The (Infrastructure) Principal Engineer will contribute expertise, embrace emerging trends and provide overall guidance on best practices across all of News Corp business and technology groups. The position will require the ability to multitask and work independently, as well as work collaboratively with teams, some of which may be geographically distributed.
This role reports to the regional Distinguished Engineer within the Global Infrastructure Engineering team.
- Build secure-by-design cross discipline solutions as required (Cloud Native Services, On-Prem compute, Network, Storage, DB, Security, Self-Service where appropriate).
- Be accountable for planning, designing, developing and implementing platforms to provide services to the global organisation
- Design and build infrastructure as code using industry best practice frameworks and languages such as terraform and python
- Manage and support environments in accordance with company security guidelines
- Be passionate about all things Cloud Native and an understanding of the GitOps methodology
- Drive for all things to be automated and be a stickler for efficiency
- Be required to lead technical conversations and assist in training and mentoring of junior staff
- In depth experience with administering Linux and Windows systems.
- In depth experience with core AWS services including VPC, TGW, A|E|NLB, IAM, KMS, EC2, Config, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Lambda, and others.
- In depth experience with core Google Cloud services including Compute, IAM, VPC, Cloud Run, and GKE.
- In depth experience working with container and serverless technology.
- Solid Scripting/Programming experience with Shell, Python, Ruby or NodeJS.
- In depth experience with monitoring, logging and management tools such as Cloudwatch, Splunk, SumoLogic, StackDriver and New Relic.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis)
- Experience working with Atlassian products such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience in managing code within the SDLC methodology
- A firm understanding of code source control concepts in particular using GIT repository
- Proven ability to write both customer facing and technical documentation
- In depth experience in cloud-based security vulnerabilities identification and remediation.
- In depth experience building AWS cloud automated policies targeted for governance using native services such as Lambda, CloudWatch, and DynamoDB.
Required Soft Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to follow assigned tasks to full completion
- Show creativity to find the no-obvious solution to a given problem
- The ability to hold constructive discussions with fellow team members
- The ability to work independently or part of a team as required
- The ability to provide training, coaching and mentoring to more junior members of the team
Additional Desired Skills:
- Certifications in Cloud and/or Cross Discipline vendors
- Hands on experience in managing networks and network infrastructure
- Hands on experience with SDWAN technology
- Experience with storage management (NetApp OnTap)
- Experience managing Database clusters (Oracle, MSQL, MSSQL, POSTGRES)
- Experience automating Self-Service workflows within ServiceNow
About News Corp
News Corp is a global, diversified media and information services company focused on creating and distributing authoritative and engaging content to consumers throughout the world. The Company comprises leading businesses across a range of media, including: news and information services, digital real estate services, book publishing, digital education, and sports programming and pay-tv distribution.