We built our company around mission driven engineering.
We’re engineers, not academics. At our headquarters in Mountain View, our engineering offices in Bangalore and Tel Aviv, and our sales offices world-wide, we’ve assembled a global team that combines practical expertise in building high-performance products using distributed systems engineering, cloud computing, networking, databases, and software development. Whatever their role, each Aerospiker combines an uncompromising mindset with an unwavering focus on executing in service of the mission and on behalf of our community.
We’re here for the long haul. Continually improving Aerospike takes time, energy, and the hard work of many people. Our business model – with full speed and scale, open source funded by our Enterprise Edition – allows us to continue to innovate in systems and data structures, to provide high grade support, and be here to help when our customers and users need it.
Aerospike launched our Managed Service offering in 2019. This is a full-service solution for customers who want to outsource the operations of their upper and lower environments running Aerospike Clusters in one of the public clouds through various SLAs for service availability and performance.
The Lead Cloud Operations Engineer is a member of our global cloud operations team that is responsible for 24x7x365 uptime and availability of our clusters under management. This is a player-coach role and will serve as a regional escalation point for internal and external stakeholders. This position will mentor other regional employees on technical and customer service topics.
Essential Business and Technical Skills
- Be an Aerospike technical expert. Understand deployment patterns and all configurations that support these patterns.
- Manage a 24x7x365 regional operational team.
- Onboard and manage customer database clusters in cloud environments.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams to provide product feedback and enhancement requests.
- Support Aerospike’s commitment to security and compliance by supporting voluntary and compulsory compliance efforts.
- Provide guidance to internal and external teams regarding services, processes, security, and communication points.
- Participate in the Aerospike Cloud Managed Service Tier 1 on-call rotation, audit health of infrastructure.
- Create design specifications and demonstrate solutions with detailed documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, and charts.
Essential Business and Technical Skills
- Deep experience with cloud technology providers, preferably AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Experience managing and configuring complex multi VPC, multi region, multi cloud network architectures
- At least 5 years experience with:
- Linux administration and troubleshooting
- Administering operational infrastructure
- Scripting languages such as Python
- Command-line utilities such as bash, grep, ssh, powershell, etc.
- Version control systems such as git
- Experience with DevOps automation practices such as infrastructure as code and continuous integration/delivery.
- Experience with DevOps toolchains such as Ansible and Terraform
- Minimum 5 years providing production support for core, business critical, 24x7 systems (preferably cloud based).
- Demonstrated leadership in the design and running of operations for enterprise-class organizations in high stress situations (e.g., outages, degradations, disaster recovery).
- C-Level communication skills.
- Minimum 6 years working in production operations teams.
- Minimum 4 years managing multi-geography teams greater than 5 people.
Desired Experience with:
- Monitoring tools such as Grafana and Prometheus
- JIRA for issue tracking
- Agile software methodologies such as SCRUM and Kanban
- Aerospike database (development operations focus) or similar distributed NoSQL databases
- Experience in managing customer data using various cloud providers while running under SOC 2 and or ISO27001
- Containerized cloud hosted infrastructure