Please note that for this program we only accept applicants with a valid working permit in Germany.
Next Big Thing AG (NBT) is a company builder focused on the machine economy. Backed by €18m of investment, we are building a series of fast growth ventures that will transform the way the world works for decades to come. Our multi-disciplinary team of engineers, designers, startup entrepreneurs and industry specialists support founders with deep expertise and clear vision to build their next big thing.
The Entrepreneur in Residence Programme Our 3 month Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR) Programme is a chance for talented individuals to develop a specific business case with the support of our expert Venture Development team. At the end of the Programme, we are offering to found and invest in your business and co-develop it with NBT.
The milestones of the Programme are:
For every EiR, we offer:
- Develop a strong business plan - remove early red flags by conducting strong customer discovery and validation hypotheses
- Find the right co-founder - find your ideal co-founder who will add the most value to the business
- Find a design partner - engage with potential customers and find a design partner for a PoC or show early traction.
- No Financial Risk - 3 Months of Industry level Salary to develop a business case based on their expertise, incubated in our offices in central Berlin, with a small pre-founding budget to develop your case
- Support on Developing the Case - support from our 50 person Venture, Product and Market Development teams, led by a dedicated Venture Developer, who will help you make the best use of the time; as well as a small budget to test hypotheses.
- Founding your Company after the Programme - up to €1m in funding and co-founding services covering Pre-Seed and Seed Funding Rounds to ensure that you can develop the case to its full potential.
- Real Shares - A share in the StammKapital (founding capital) of our venture - not virtualized shares, to ensure your voice is heard throughout the journey
We are looking for talented individuals who have an idea and are driven to solve the problems the industry is facing.
Industry 4.0 refers to the intelligent networking of machines and processes for industry with the help of information and communication technology. Industry is experiencing the shift to new business models and the need to implement new technologies (e.g. IoT & Machine Learning) to optimise workflows.
- Under optimized processes - Some industrial processes are still very inefficient, e.g. maintenance, which is often not a priority, costly (European companies spend €450 billion a year on repairs and spare parts) and time-consuming (42% of unplanned downtime is due to equipment failure)
- Complexity with data collection and analysis - Machines and sensors generate a large amount of data, creating complexity and challenges in gathering, storing and processing this data to understand its implications
- Worker Efficiency / Lack of Shop Floor Guidance - Increased need to enhance work instructions for complex processes, process security and to ensure the quality of production
- Have you experienced another problem? We would love to hear from you.
We are seeking talents to explore the opportunity space with us within the scope of:
- B2B businesses - NBT’s expertise lies dominantly in B2B sales
- Go-to-Market strategy of less than a year - We believe in building great products by iteration from facing the market responses
- IoT/ML/DLT technology - We focus on IoT, Machine learning, and Distributed ledger tech to create value for the Machine Economy
We are looking for an experienced and driven Co-founder for a startup in the Industry 4.0 space:
What to expect working with us:
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - the ability to make decisions under pressure, take measured risks and persist with challenges
- Industry knowledge - deep insights and experience in the industry
- Network - connections to key stakeholders and decision makers in the industry
- Technology awareness - an interest in digital transformation and its applications in industrial operations
- Leadership - building, growing, training, mentoring a future team
- Language - the ability to write and communicate in English. Germany is a big plus considering the market but it’s not mandatory
- Stakeholder Engagement - confident engaging with a variety of stakeholders across industry, finance, or individual users
- The opportunity to de-risk your startup journey, from the beginning and profit from your investment on the way
- Autonomy and the freedom to define and drive the strategic direction of the venture
- A supportive, entrepreneurial environment, with a culture of supporting founders in the good and hard times
- Free drinks & fruits
- Hardware of your choice
- New and well equipped office directly at Zoologischer Garten in Berlin
We value diversity and therefore expressly welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation and identity.
We look forward to receiving your application.