EqualTo is an early stage b2b software company based in Germany. We build transparent sales commission software. Our team consists of experienced SaaS entrepreneurs, engineers and UX designers, with big ambitions. We have done a complete rethink of how one should manage sales commissions resulting in a uniquely positioned product: the first truly transparent, self-service commission platform, combining the flexibility of spreadsheets with the scalability of SaaS. We currently all work remote, with a remote-first future and small office in Berlin.
Incentive compensation should do one thing: motivate people. But in countless companies, it’s a source of frustration, disputes and tedious admin. We are on a mission to make sales commissions transparent, easy and most importantly: motivating.
EqualTo’s website is the front door of users’ experience with EqualTo. It tells our story, inspires prospects to take action, and enriches our customers’ journeys with useful tools and content. Our new Web Experience Developer will support EqualTo’s growth by being our primary website theme developer and technical template/interactive designer. This position will report to our VP of Marketing.
This is a specialized technical role responsible for leading the technical development of our website on HubSpot CMS. This role requires a vision for how to take rich visual ideas and build them into a well-operationalized website theme that enables content editors to do great work. You will help craft the future of EqualTo’s most trafficked web properties, owning the technical workflow and participating in our agile web development process, along with designers and content creators.
What you would do
What we are looking for
- Own our web development workflow for HubSpot CMS, serving as the platform expert and maintainer of secure development procedures across our internal teams and external development partners.
- Be part of constructing our custom website theme from the ground up, serving as a lead technical design thinker, while augmented by internal and freelance resources.
- Build out key, flexible page templating to enable speedy iteration for non-technical content managers.
- Develop our technical approach to high-fidelity visual experiences, such as animations and video.
- Collaborate in installing and maintaining external website tooling, such as video players, interactive elements, JS frameworks, and analytics tooling.
- Collaborate closely with our Front-End Platform and Design teams, aligning our publicly facing website with our SaaS platform.
- Own SEO from a technical perspective and be the expert for technical issues around SEO
About our work culture
- Significant experience working in theme development on CMS solutions. HubSpot and Webflow would be fantastic experiences to have, but Wordpress, Joomla, or other website solutions count too.
- A portfolio of experience executing rich animated or video-based web experiences in highly performant ways, such as Lottie, HTML5/CSS3, or other approaches. Data visualization backgrounds could be especially useful.
- Strong organizational skills when it comes to CSS management, classes, and working with design systems.
- At least 2-3 years of professional work experience, especially in a web development role, such as at a web development agency.
- Knowledge of digital analytics tools like Mixpanel and Google Analytics.
- A passion for growth and seeing the results of your work come to life.
We are an informal company with a transparent, friendly and fast-paced work culture. It’s an inspiring place to work, because we are good at what we do and we love doing it. In a startup, it’s all about figuring stuff out – fast. We’re efficient and we respect each other’s time. When we make mistakes, we happily admit them and try to do better next time. The best ideas win and we don’t waste time on politics. Everyone, in any role, takes ownership of our product and the customer experience, and we make it a little bit better every day.