Monarch is seeking a FinancialAccountant (f/m/d) – to join our growing team.
Monarch is a well-funded security and information service provider based in Berlin, run by seasoned founders, intelligence experts and industry leaders. We are recruiting individuals looking to put their mark on the world and the information industry. We are supporting political and digital sovereignty for Europe and beyond. We cater to commercial and governmental clients and always operate on a legal basis, following a strict code of ethics and adhering to democratic values.
We help our clients to solve complex problems in the digital and information age.
For us, loyalty and transparency come first. We want to modernise the world of information service providers and clean up a business with dated processes and a questionable image. We are looking for team members who “run up escalators” and live with a sense of urgency to get things done. Our job descriptions are written in pencil. Once in your role, you adapt to the tasks at hand and steer your own career in one of the most interesting industries of our times. We like to set our targets high but believe in under-promising and over-delivering. And finally, we like well-rounded individuals. We work hard, but we have families, do sports, pursue the arts, travel and whatever else allows us to decompress
when necessary. We are a remote-first company and measure results and not time spent in the office.
All this comes very close to a boutique consulting firm with a strong international bias. The leading group company is a German GmbH with at least one subsidiary in the UK. Other legal entities abroad, also outside of the EU, might follow.
- Working closely with our CFO, to whom you report, and the executive team
- Building up a solid accounting and information system to satisfy statutory and controlling needs
- Developing a mission oriented controlling system for project success measurement
- Liaising with the department heads, i.e. IT or HR to cater for their needs
- Liaising externally esp. with our tax advisors in Germany and abroad
- Setting up the accounting cycle
- Improving the procurement and payment cycle to support the CFO
- Various ad hoc requests
With us you will have:
- You demonstrate deep interest in politics, modernizing government and the information / technology business
- You show a high level of motivation and commitment as well as independent thinking
- Confidentiality, reliability, and trust are key value drivers of your day-to-day work
- You have already had a couple of years work experience
- You have good communication skills in German and English - this is a must in a German/British endeavour
- You know your way around common office applications esp. Microsoft Office
- You are a team player who is self-dependent and enjoys goal-oriented work
- You have worked in small company accounting from choosing the system to implementation and running
- You are willing to integrate various demands, people, missions, and countries into one structure
- You are comfortable and even greet the opportunity to work in a remote environment with international colleagues
- You are interested not just in your immediate work, but also in understanding the content and background of your work
- Any formal accounting qualification would be appreciated
- Ideally, you also have a security clearance, but alternatively you can get vetted in the first weeks of your work.
- A chance to shape the future of the information age in Europe and grow a disruptor to a market leader
- A flat hierarchy, where you will have direct access to the founders and won’t be tied up in politics
- A high degree of learning and ownership in an exotic, dynamic and usually not accessible environment
- A competitive salary
- A chance to increase your working hours with us and our growing business if you start working in part-time
We’d love for you to stick around long-term and take a management role in our company, if and when it grows in future. This is one of the best ways to get a view into company building and work alongside founders who’ve seen both sides of the table. You will not only grow your expertise but will have a rare opportunity to quickly grow your network.