Build the alternative to Amazon with us ✊
Welcome to Labels: The new sustainable marketplace delivering unique and everyday local products in minutes, 0 emissions & packaging-free. We are part of a new era of businesses that we believe will save our world. We call them harmonious businesses. A business adding incredible value to people's daily lives while having a positive environmental, economical and social impact. Our goal is to sustain all people's basic needs and beyond from local products only, while transforming urban deliveries for zero-emission cities thanks to our instant, 0 emissions & packaging-free delivery service - Labels Instadelivery. We bring all local stores, independent creators, artists and DIY makers together in one mobile app, launching in spring 2021 on iOS & Android in Berlin.
As our intern you will work directly with our CEO, Maxime to build the best product & experience possible on our iOS & Android App. We are constantly adding new features and reinventing the e-commerce of tomorrow. You will work on features like our Instadelivery, Instarent allowing people to rent anything they want from the city and get it in minutes. Most importantly your ideas and propositions are very welcomed: challenge us, challenge the product, push it forward. It will be the full start-up experience, but you will gain an amazing time being completely emerged in a game-changing early-stage startup aiming at redefining consumption & kicking Amazon's ass.
What will you do:
What you bring:
- Make sure our app is on fleek, meaning it is blazing fast, smooth and fun to use.
- Work on new features our users will love and thank you for.
- Directly contribute on where the product goes, give us ideas, feedback, anything, it is never too bold for us.
- Discover and use the latest technologies to develop smooth mobile apps.
- Enjoy an amazing experience as part of a real movement to #✌️outamazon.
- You love building, creating, innovating & problem-solving.
- You love building clean, maintainable and scalable code in Angular & Vue.
- You are familiar with Firebase products like Firestore and Cloud functions.
- You always keep in mind the experience of the end user.
- Inspire an atmosphere of feedback, continuous improvement and knowledge sharing
- You are based in Berlin or willing to relocate.
These skills are nice to have, but not having them won’t impact our consideration of your application.:
What we offer
- Further experience in Reach Native, Python, AWS, Kubernetes.
- We recognize that you may need development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not “tick all boxes” for the role: we encourage and support growth, learning and development for everyone.
- Learning days, Hackathons, offsite events
- Work for a purpose!
- Instead of working to earn an additional million to your CEO’s annual bonus, you’ll make thousands of local businesses and consumers happy.
- You will stand for your beloved city, Berlin as we start here.
- You help us restore oceans, forests and support local projects through Labels Impact.
- Your work will be used by millions of people across Europe.
- Activism is not expected, but it’s fully supported by the company.
- You will help us revolutionize the way people consume in large cities.
- Grow your expertise!
- Become a member of a diverse, highly-skilled, multi-functional team that’s eager to collaborate and change the world
- Available opportunities and support to advance your professional growth such as monthly learning days, hack days.
- An entrepreneurial environment open to your ideas and initiatives
- Balance work with other parts of your life!
- Outstanding flexibility in terms of working hours and location. *If during COVID-19 you work remotely, you need to be available during our core working hours (at least 10-16 Berlin time/CET)
- Two ‘no-meeting’ days per week and open for periods of remote work
- Get compensated well and fairly!
- If you did an amazing job at the end of your internship we can offer you equity in the company and a full time position.
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all the requirements for the role.
Diversity and inclusion are important for us, and we are constantly working on improving it. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace, where everyone, from any background, can do their best work.
We are actively working on creating a workplace that promotes and values diversity in age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability and ethnicity.
We stay true to our mission together with ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
We are constantly working on improving it and welcome feedback.