As one of Berlin's fastest growing SaaS scaleups, Vimcar is redefining business mobility. By combining live car data and a set of cloud-based applications, we offer real-time insight into vehicle activity to help our customers reduce the operational costs for their fleets.
By serving SMB's to large enterprises in DACH and the UK, Vimcar already has 100,000+ connected cars. Headquartered in Berlin, more than 175+ employees from 26+ countries are working towards our mission to build Europe's leading fleet tech company.
Important information regarding COVID-19: the safety of our employees is very important to us. Therefore, you can expect the application process, as well as the start of your employment with us to be remote until further notice.
Today Vimcar is connecting over 100 000+ cars and helps thousands of customers seamlessly manage their car fleets. We're constantly growing, and to make it possible, we'll need an infrastructure that will enable this growth.
Last year our Platform and Infrastructure team rebuilt the entire infrastructure from scratch. Now we're forming a new team, that will be solely responsible for Vimcar's infrastructure, monitoring, and observability. We're looking now for a Team Leader who will build and lead the team, and still do hands-on work. In this role:
- You promote knowledge sharing, and ensure alignment within the team
- You proactively contribute to the continuous improvement of our work methodology
- You provide continuous feedback and conduct performance reviews with team members
- You collaborate with other Team Leads to share best practices and knowledge
- You work closely with other development teams to help them build secure, highly available, and scalable infrastructure
- You automate system and application infrastructure using infrastructure as code solution (CDK)
- You improve observability and monitoring solutions
- You design and implement internal tools/packages to enable other software development teams
- You contribute to our growth by helping recruit, interview and onboard new team members
THE TECH STACK
- We use Python (with Flask and FastAPI) for Backend development, and Typescript with Amazon CDK for Infrastructure as Code
- We focus on the application layer. Our cloud-native Service-Oriented-Architecture is making use of managed AWS services like DynamoDB, ECS, Kinesis, Lambda, S3, API Gateway
- Deployments are fully automated and based on Docker or AWS Lambda.
- You've already been a Team Leader before, and you enjoy helping your Team to grow both individually and as a team.
- You have solid engineering background, and you're still motivated by technical problems and are happy to do hands-on work.
- Commercial experience with Infrastructure as Code (i.e. CDK, CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Experience with running, monitoring, and securing production software on a cloud platform (i.e., AWS, GCP)
- Experience in designing highly available systems
- Experience with Python or willingness to learn it
Why should you join us? At Vimcar, you can take an established scaleup through an exciting growth period with significant VC backing.
- Chance to work on the early-stage infrastructure, with lots of complex technical challenges
- Lead the team, that you'll build yourself (but you won't be alone with this responsibility :)).
- Quick, sustainable growth & secure funding
- Agile work environment with flat structure and an international team
- Permanent full-time position with flexible work hours and a company laptop
- Personal learning budget to support your professional growth, as well as free in-house language courses
- Access to company carsharing, fresh fruit and free drinks around the office, frequent company events, and a variety of other perks, including a membership with Urban Sports Club
Sounds like you?
Send us your application (CV or LinkedIn/Xing) today using our online application form.