$2,000 Sign on Bonus - REMOTE Nationwide Opportunity
Ally and Your Career
Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do - and that’s more than some cliche people put on job postings. We live this stuff! We see our people as, well, people - with interests, families, friends, dreams and causes that are all important to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new things. You’re constantly evolving, so shouldn’t your opportunities be, too?
The Mechanical Claims Specialist supports the Repair Technicians at our dealer customers and repair facilities. Primary responsibility involves providing policy assistance and technical claim support on the vehicle service contract program and other insurance programs (GAP, Tire & Wheel, etc.) to dealers, repair facilities, retail customers and financial institutions. Provide outstanding service to keep our customers happy and enhance the vehicle ownership experience.
The Work Itself
- Assist automobile technicians and dealer representatives in skill areas (Engine, Electrical, Transmission, Diesel, Body & Chassis)
- Respond to inbound calls and written correspondence from customers, repair facilities and financial institutions to assist with policy administration and claim inquiries.
- Diagnose problems using systematic listening and probing approach
- Check for existing case information through research, manuals, database or contacts
- Get additional help for complex problems for any recurring concerns with no known good information data
- Achieve total customer satisfaction when handling contract and claim matters.
- Perform follow ups on existing cases and close cases as appropriate
The Skills You Bring
- Strong mechanical background with ability to communicate effectively with repair facilities to acquire pertinent information
- Ability to negotiate and make quick decisions
- Type 40 WPM
- You’ve branded yourself as a problem solver and you objectively manage conflicting priorities.
- HS diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 + years' experience in automotive repair industry.
How We’ll Have Your Back
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally’s total compensation – or total rewards – extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and child care discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Who We Are
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial services company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on "Doing it Right" and being a trusted financial-services provider to our consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. For more information, visit www.ally.com.
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. For accommodation requests, email us at [email protected]
. Ally will not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
This work is to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.