Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage a fleet. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day. We recently raised a $21M Series B round and are on an exciting trajectory as a company. You can learn more about it here
About the role
We're looking for a user-focused, expert-level React engineer with high-quality UI/UX skills and experience with web frameworks (Ruby-on-Rails preferred). This is a position we consider essential to the company’s success. One of the things our customers love most about Fleetio is its user-friendliness. We take design and UX extremely seriously and are looking to add to our engineering team to help us continue to delight our customers.
This is a remote role and is open to candidates based in the United States, Canada, or Mexico.
What you'll be doing
You will focus on delivering a delightful user experience using React and other modern front-end tooling. Although this role is more UI-focused, you should feel comfortable developing across the full web stack to add backend functionality when features may call for it. You will also have opportunities to flex your design and UX skills as you collaborate with Product Managers and Designers to plan, design, and drive the implementation of cohesive solutions.
What's in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. You will build software used by people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
- Work remotely (within the United States, Canada or Mexico), or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. Over 80% of our Engineering Team works remotely (including our CTO), and we have promoted a strong remote working culture since the beginning (2012).
- We place great emphasis on work/life balance. We have families and hobbies and know you do, too.
Our Engineering and Product teams are structured as autonomous squads that execute within one focal area toward a defined product vision. We're hardcore believers in easy-to-use software and our main goal as Product Engineers is to quickly and continuously deliver meaningful value to our customers. We've optimized our CI/CD tools and processes to get code into our production environments easily, resulting in an average of 40 deploys per week. Learn more about our Engineering Team and the interview process here
- Comfortable enough with HTML & CSS to create dynamic UX workflows and custom-designed UI components
- Experience with modern JS ecosystem tooling, such as Webpack, Babel
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as Jest, RSpec
- Experience identifying, profiling and fixing frontend performance bottlenecks
- Excellent communication skills (particularly written)
- Be sure to mention "coffee" in your application so we know you read this
Considered a plus...
- Experience with TypeScript
- You have a general interest and strong opinions on front end architecture
- You know a thing or two about the fleet industry
- 100% coverage of employee health and dental insurance
- 401(k) + match
- Company stock options
- Vision, STD & LTD
- Dependent Care FSA and Medical FSA
- Generous PTO, Company Holidays & Floating Holiday
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Community service funds
- Mac laptop
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness incentives
- Remote working friendly since 2012