With hubs in New York City, Toronto, Los Angeles and Berlin, Half Helix is a digital agency that specializes in solving e-commence problems for clients like Cravings by Chrissy Teigen, Peloton and Rothys. We are a developer-founded full service agency with a strong engineering focus. We welcome remote-first collaboration and as such, are looking for a strong Frontend Developer to join our distributed team.
Frontend Developers are responsible for implementing articulate frontend solutions, working with designers and project leads in our never-ceasing mission to create best-in-class e-commerce experiences.
What skills would we like you to have already?
This is a mid to senior level position that requires 4+ years of relevant experience. We are not dogmatic as to where this experience lies since we have members of the team that come from product companies like Shopify, and others who come from a long lineage of agency experience.
See below for some pointers on what we are looking for:
- 4+ years of web development experience.
- 1+ years experience with Shopify as a platform.
- Experience with Vue.js or React, or a desire to learn.
- A desire to create beautiful, custom CSS solutions that are scalable and performant.
- Experience with testing and integrating REST or GraphQL APIs.
- Great interpersonal communication skills.
- The ability to manage workload, meet deadlines and speak up when needed.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented.
- Level-headed and positive attitude under pressure.
What are some of the perks?
The work is fun, engaging and you'll be part of a very strong team. In addition, Half Helix provides:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Annual offsite in a great location (e.g. Mexico City or Isla De Mujeres)
- Summer Fridays
- Unlimited vacations (just make sure that your projects are in good shape)
- Education stipend
- New Apple gear (e.g. Macbook Pro)
- A remote-first culture
- Annual home office stipend