Reports to: Engineering Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Location / Work hours: This is a fully remote, full-time position.
Compensation: Top salary commensurate with experience
About the Role
As a Software Engineer at Power Diary, you will be responsible for developing features end-to-end. You will need to get right into our code base, understand it, and make it better. You will manage your cards on the team’s Kanban board. You will write, test, and deploy your code, and review your peer’s pull requests. You will have to consider the architecture of new and existing features as you work, research different ways to do something, identify the best of them, and code it all up. Think clearly and tell us when we’re wrong.
Does this sound like you?
- You have experience with working on full stack development.
- You are always interested in learning new things.
- You enjoy being part of a team, growing and helping one another.
- You get excited when you have the chance to pair.
- You enjoy being responsive to customer feedback.
- You practice test-driven development and judicious refactoring.
- You are a pragmatic problem solver, knowing how to find the middle ground between “perfect, but takes forever to code” and “fixes it now, but nobody will ever be able to understand what I did”
- You work well in a small team with a clear mission.
- You are detail oriented and precise in code, communication, and documentation.
- You have the insight to know what’s important and the dedication to get it done.
While existing experience with the technologies we use is welcome, an open and disciplined approach to your work is more important to us than whether you already know .Net, TypeScript, or anything else in our stack. We value the willingness to learn our technologies and environment over domain-specific skills. You just have to show us that you are the kind of person who learns a new programming language over breakfast.
We use .Net MVC, .Net Core, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, REACT and TypeScript. Our servers run on AWS, our code is hosted on GitHub, our builds run on TeamCity.
The Software Engineering Team
We are a small team of talented, multi-cultural engineers. As the company grows we would also like our team to evolve and embrace more industry best practices such as clean coding, code reviews, automated tests, continuous integration, and few-click deployments. We all work remotely so we rely on good communication within our team and organization.
About Power Diary
Power Diary was founded in 2007 and is a leading healthcare practice management system that makes running a health practice easier and more rewarding. Brothers, Paul and Damien Adler are the founding team behind Power Diary. Together, they combine Damien’s experience running and growing a successful health practice, with Paul’s 25 years of experience managing and scaling technology projects.
We are still relatively small, but self-funded and growing strongly.
This is an exciting time to be at Power Diary – we have big plans for the future and many challenging things to work on. We hope you’ll consider joining our team and being part of our story!
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please click on the Apply button to send us your resume and motivation letter. We are looking forward to reading all about why this role and organization caught your attention, and what motivates you in your career.
A small assignment will be part of the recruitment process.
If your application is selected, we will invite you for a short conversation to get to know each other. This is followed by an interview with our Engineering Manager, and you will also be given a small programming challenge. All interviews are conducted online.