InDebted is changing the way organisations recover outstanding accounts by combining human values with compelling messaging and data-driven decisions. We do this to deliver on our mission to erase the stigma of debt and to improve the financial fitness of our customers.
We are a fast-growing startup that believes in putting our customers first, tackling tough problems head-on, and simply trusting our employees to get stuff done. We offer flexible schedules, unlimited paid leave, competitive salaries, stock options, and other perks that come with being a remote-first company.
InDebted is looking for an IT Operations Manager to bring their first-class technical troubleshooting, continuous process improvement and project management skills to the team.
In this role, you will be providing both local and international support to internal staff at all levels, analysing and maintaining our current systems and assets, and managing technical projects from concept to completion in a fast-paced, fast-changing global environment. From day one, you’ll have an immediate impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our IT operations, and an ongoing impact on our overall growth.
This is a new role for InDebted and as we scale globally you would be a key team member in helping us scale as a remote-first, distributed organisation. We have team members in the UK, US, Australia, Philippines, Canada, South Africa and Trinidad and Tobago, and part of your role would be to help design and implement the IT support structure to ensure we meet our team’s needs globally.
What will you accomplish?
- Initially, be the first point of contact for all IT related queries from staff members across the company, and design/implement the tools, processes, and systems to make this scalable globally
- Own and be responsible for the day to day management of technical issues and provide support to users when and as required
- Hands-on work in the domains that the Workplace Ops team at InDebted is responsible for - e.g. maintenance of existing SaaS apps, implementing and exploring new technologies to help us scale, BAU, and supporting everyone in the company who relies on a tool or service to do their work
- Onboarding and offboarding of employees, consultants and contractors
- Maintain and review everything regarding our IT infrastructure to improve effectiveness and efficiency in everything we do, including networking, operating systems, security tools, applications, email systems, laptops, software, and hardware
- Lead, manage and provide support across a range of hardware and software products including procurement, maintenance and asset management
- Work with local vendors and service providers for the region, ensuring services are delivered effectively
- Implement best security practices related to IT systems (SSO, 2FA, DLP, disk encryption, endpoint security, principle of least privilege etc.)
- Responsible for knowing and complying with applicable Quality Management System, Information Security, Regulatory Compliance and process requirements as they apply
- Create and maintain efficient documentation for IT standards, policies, procedures and knowledge base
- Manage all technical projects throughout project lifecycle to ensure completion within scope
- Review and assess performance of completed projects
- Proactively look for ways to improve our IT strategy and process while maintaining our cloud-first approach
What do we need from you?
- 5+ years of experience in IT management or a similar role
- Proficiency in Mac OS/Windows/Linux
- Proven experience working with the MDM solutions, especially with Jamf Pro Suite
- Experience implementing and managing technical projects and coordinating project activities
- Experience with remote desktop applications and help desk software
- Detail oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage, plan and execute on multiple concurrent activities and priorities
- Knowledge and experience supporting various SaaS based applications (i.e. G Suite, Slack, Zoom), video conferencing solutions, and infrastructure technologies
- Genuine excitement and interest in learning new technologies
- A keen interest in creating a self service environment and make staff autonomous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to understand and explain complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures
Bonus points for:
- Exposure to high growth technology businesses
- An understanding of the performance and value drivers of technology businesses
Where will this role be based?
InDebted is a remote-first company with offices in Sydney, Manila, London, Toronto, Montreal, and Missouri. Work from anywhere you like, as long as you have a good internet connection and at least a 4-hour overlap with Australian Eastern Standard Time (UTC+10) during business hours.
Diversity and Inclusion
At InDebted, we respect and celebrate the unique attributes, characteristics, and perspectives that make each person who they are. We also believe that bringing diverse individuals together allows us to build better products and a better overall company. InDebted is an Equal Opportunity Employer.