As our software developer for simulation and testing, you will build and improve our automated testing capabilities, and bring the simulation environment as close to the real world as possible. Our product, MIRAI, is a groundbreaking, AI-powered control system for industrial robots. Your main task is to improve and expand our automated testing capabilities with a simulated robot and sensor environment. The chosen candidate will promote a culture of testing and be able to identify the usefulness and impact of different test layers. To be successful in this job, you should bring solid software development skills that allow you to write concise automation and deployment scripts, exhibiting a hunch where things break first. You possess both an analytical mindset and the creativity to come up with new ways of breaking things.
- Improve our automated testing infrastructure with simulators.
- Hold up a culture of testing and keep an eye on the testing initiatives.
- Establish CI/CD pipelines wherever possible.
- Understand the whole tech stack, and devise solutions for testing between system boundaries.
- Work closely with our product and automation engineering teams to understand use cases and invent new ways of breaking them.
- Proven software development skills.
- Demonstrable experience with Python.
- Good command of Linux/Unix system tools.
- A passion for proper and thorough testing and automation.
- Experience with Jenkins, Jenkins Pipelines.
- Experience with programming/testing hardware components.
- Experience in 3d graphics or robotics.
Micropsi Industries is a robotics software company that brings artificial intelligence to robots. We make a product called MIRAI, a first-of-its-kind robot control system that, using machine learning, supplies industrial robots with the capacity to perceive their work environment and adapt to changing conditions. MIRAI can be used in manufacturing, lab automation, logistics, and other fields. Through MIRAI, Micropsi Industries enables automation where automation was previously not viable, making factories more productive, workspaces more ergonomic, and businesses more resilient.
Ours is a curious, friendly, no-nonsense team that relishes finding elegant solutions to tough problems, be they technical, mathematical, strategic, or design-related. We like to learn for the sake of learning. We put a premium on personal development.
Micropsi Industries comprises more than 40 people, among them robotics engineers, software engineers, cognitive scientists, business developers, and designers. We are headquartered in Berlin, and we have an office in Brooklyn. The company is backed by Project A Ventures, Coparion, Vito Ventures, M Ventures, Amplifier, as well as a group of experienced business angels from Munich and Berlin.