We’re an international team working together to improve the way researchers can collaborate and communicate, for scientific advancement.
Our mission is to connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Our Community Experience team is much more than a support team. We help members get the most from ResearchGate by responding to their technical issues, educating members and advocating on their behalf. We spend most of our days resolving users’ problems and communicating with them directly. We also gather insights from our interactions with users to support our Product development teams when improving features or building new products.
Objective of the Role
Researchers interact and discuss with each other in many places on ResearchGate -including our Q&A section and on scientific publications. As our membership has grown to 20 million members over the years, we receive a growing number of reports of user-generated content (UGC). We are looking for an experienced Content Specialist to specialize in handling our content reports and take the lead in improving our workflows to maintain a healthy community.
- Assist members by resolving their issues relating to content on ResearchGate, including (but not limited to) reports of copyright, plagiarism, defamation, and hate speech
- Liaise with our Legal team to ensure alignment on policies and to escalate relevant issues
- Create help/educational content that expresses our Community Guidelines and content policies to members
- Help establish, implement & continuously optimize new and existing workflows for managing inbound issues
- Stay up-to-date with the product development on the platform and to maintain a thorough understanding of the needs of our members and how they use the platform
- Drive the evolution of our processes and policies around content issues
- Support experience working with user-generated content, such as in content moderation and/or community management settings.
- Experience working adjacent to or within legal teams is a plus
- Experience with Zendesk is a plus
- Familiarity or interest in topics of defamation, copyright, hate-speech, and social platforms
- Excellent language and communications skills, in spoken and written form / Native English level or equivalent
- Thoroughness and great attention to detail support your own judgement, problem solving and decision making abilities
- Interest in user experience and good product sense
- Comfortable with (or willingness to learn) SQL for querying our internal database
- Accustomed to working in a team setting, but able to focus on individual work as well
- You support our mission to connect the world of science and make research open to all, and are particularly passionate about how information and knowledge is shared online
- You’re savvy on issues relating to user-generated content, including the responsibilities of online platforms
- You’re excited -not daunted- by the idea of being the go-to person on UGC issues, and enjoy digging into reported conversations, identifying problematic content and making decisions guided by our policies
- You enjoy research and the idea of digging into a complicated case and referring to previous similar cases
You'll be working in a dynamic company culture with the chance to individually shape your professional development and growth. Enjoy an energetic and international team who are passionate about changing science for the better.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated: you'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with.
We’re located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place where people from all walks of life feel welcome.
We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation with Covid-19, with the protection of the health and safety of our people being our highest priority. All interviews will be conducted virtually (via phone or video).