A little bit of slope makes up for a lot of y-intercept – (Source)
We entirely believe in the above chart. Bringing someone in with less experience lets us further create the Amie Way. We don't do many things the conventional way. Instead we think ground up, how we want people to feel about us. So we see the lack of experience as a feature. We can go to places others haven't never been to.
Why should you care about this role?
- You'll learn everything to start your own company in a few years. I've also interned to start my career. You'll learn about everything that goes into building Amie. The team, the product, the company. And from fundraising, to recruiting to growing the user base.
- Push your own projects. You'll do more than you ever thought was possible. Work with the team, build your own things. Have ideas and especially make them happen.
- Work with and learn from an ambitious team. Our team is the best part about Amie. You'll always be an equal part of the team. And get the chance to learn from people absolutely loving what they do.
- We're at the earliest stages. And just getting started. We want to shape Amie together with you. We'll do lots of mistakes along the way. Here you'll be able to try out whatever feels right to you.
How did we design this role?
- You'll work across many different areas. Growth, Community, User Research, Product, Customer Care. If you're looking to work in a specific area, we aren't a fit.
- We care the most about things you've worked on, even if it's a side project. Where and what you have studied doesn't make a big difference. We love people from all sorts of backgrounds like: Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Math, Computer Science,...
- With responsibility. We rely on you to fully take on projects. We won't tell you each step along the way. You should feel really comfortable to learn whatever comes your way.
- Work directly with Dennis. This is everything but a role to "assist". We want this to be a deep partnership. To get done whatever comes our way. :)
Our offer and benefits
- Salary: based on your experience, always paid
- Duration: Full-time 6m, full-time role after 5m if things go well
- Equity: 0.2%-0.4% if you stay after the internship
- Time off: 25 paid vacation days per year (PTO)
- Flexible working hours: We use meetings when needed and not per default.
- Get your perfect setup: Mac/Windows/Linux, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. We are flexible and cover whatever you need to do the best work of your life.
- We take care of you: Highest quality ergonomic chairs (Aeron by Herman Miller), weekly remote team lunches, high quality tea, covered co-working space. Overall we'll get you whatever you need.
- Remote-first team: We're based across Germany, Sweden, Cyprus and Spain. With plans to hire team members in all sorts of places. 🌍
- Make a big difference: Take, own and implement decisions to build Amie from scratch. We are not rushing to market but focus on a quality product and the big little details.
- Unique working culture
- Company health insurance policy: We'll of course take care of that. :)
If you want to stand out, answer the questions below:
- What’s an impressive thing you have done?
- What important truth do very few people agree with you on?
- What excites you to join us?