42 is an end-to-end analytics stack for retailers and brands!
Whether it's store managers running A/B tests on new product placement, CEOs looking at their global store performance, or merchandisers planning the next season, our platform enables retailers and brands to get instant visibility in their business.
The majority of retailers don't have the in-house expertise to spin up data infrastructure. Instead, they piece together reports in excel on a daily basis. This works fine for small eCommerce brands, but not for retailers in the $50M-$5B range. That's where we come in.
We offer our customers:
- Retail-specific dashboards: best-practice metrics / visuals are built-in and customizable
- No integration: we make their data and systems work with our platform
- Hosted infrastructure: we host the pipelines and data warehouse
So, why join?
- We are growing and profitable
- We have high user engagement
- We run the analytics for brands you know
- Small team, lots of opportunities to grow and shape the future of the company
- We are a no ego, no BS, collaborative group passionate about our product and customers
Here's our stack
- App: Isomorphic JS / TS, Lerna, SQL
- Data: PySpark, OLAP SQL
- Infra: AWS, GCP, Docker, K8s
- Automating the merging of datasets across similar data sources
- Processing human-generated datasets
- Creating connectors that are reusable but can be extended to add customer-specific tweaks
- Generalizing new features so that they work with all of our customers and can support many use cases
Sample projects working at 42
- Expose our unified data warehouse API to the world
- Create a metric notification system (e.g. push out-of-stock alerts to Zapier)
- Hook up our authentication system to our customer&#39;s user directory
- Replace our SQL data warehouse with Spark 3.0 + GPUs
- Spin up an image resizing &amp;amp; caching proxy
- Build a portal to allow users to monitor the health of their data sources
- GPT-3 + 42=?
You are a team member that...
- can overlap ~4hrs with San Francisco Timezone (Pacific Time)
- can work well as part of a fast-paced remote-first startup
- is self-motivated, resourceful and can get things done, even at times with minimal direction
- has a Bachelor's degree, with STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics), or equivalent preferred
- has 3+ years professional software development experience
- has experience with JS/TS and/or Python
- is familiar with SQL and data modeling
- is familiar with cloud platforms like AWS or GCP
- is passionate about eliminating technical debt
What we provide:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Company games every 2 weeks, IRL meetup every 4-6 months
- Flexible family benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Special requests welcome!
To wrap up, a few fun facts about us
- We are a lean team, located across three continents and speak six languages 🌏🌍🌎
- More than half of us are parents 👶🐶🐱
- We like sharing food updates 🍱🌮🍕though we are split on loving or detesting peppers 🫑
If this sounds interesting to you, we would love to hear from you!
Apply via email [careers @ 42technologies.com] or the "Apply for this position" button – and put ALL THE FISH in the subject line to prove you are a human 🤖