With 2 million users worldwide planetromeo.com is one of the leading Social & Dating Networks for Gay, Bi men and Trans people. This role is based within Erasys GmbH in Berlin, which is responsible for the technical development and maintenance of all ROMEO platforms. We are about 50 people from all over the world, working with a wide variety of backgrounds, structured in 6 Cross Functional teams such as Web Team, iOs Team, Android Team and Back End Team.
We operate about 300 machines in a Data Center in Amsterdam, orchestrated by Kubernetes.
As a System Administrator at Erasys, you will join the infrastructure team’s responsibility for the operation of planetromeo.com
Responsibilities: You will manage the production systems powering the Romeo platform including maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, performance tuning and security. In collaboration with the backend software engineers you will contribute to our continuous effort to modernize and evolve our infrastructure. Be innovative.
Additional responsibilities as Technical Lead:
- Work with CTO to ensure product strategy is in line with the company goals
- Convert the ideas in clear user stories & requirements
- Ensure that your product backlog is visible, transparent and clear
What we offer
- You have a solid background as system administrator for a Linux-based infrastructure
- Experience with databases in cluster dimensions (MariaDB, ElasticSearch, Redis)
- Strong grasp of provisioning and automation (Puppet, Ansible)
- Good network infrastructure knowledge (firewalling, overlay networks, service mesh)
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems (Sensu, Prometheus, Graphite, NewRelic)
- Good Understanding of a secure web services architecture
- Experience with modern orchestration tools (Kubernetes) is a plus
- Some experience in Software Development (PHP, NodeJS) is also a plus
- Strong analytical skills for troubleshooting
- Very good English skills (spoken and written)
- Experience and passion working in a DevOps culture
- An attractive office located in the heart of Berlin at Potsdamer Platz
- English speaking working environment
- Full-time position with flexible working hours
- A diverse and friendly team from all over the world
- Flat company hierarchy and open communication
- A learning environment with ample opportunity to grow
- Individual professional development budget (books, conferences)
- Free weekly German courses
- A dog-friendly environment
- Fully stocked soft drink fridges and snacks
- Cooking together and “Last Friday of the Month” Drinks
- We are mostly gay, some of us are straight... Basically: we don't care about what your sexual preferences are
Please send your motivation letter and CV to us. We are looking forward to hearing from you.