Trade your daily grind for a career that lets you show off your passion for travel. Join KAYAK to work on the tools that millions of travelers use every day. Make them good, make them great, make them your favorite. Work with us to deliver the best personalized results, latest travel trends and the travel tools that our users dream of. Plus, you’ll get to try out your craziest ideas during our HackWeeks. And you’ll get to be the first to play with new and exciting travel features (while getting paid for it).
We are looking for smart, self-motivated, and enthusiastic frontend developers with a passion for learning and delivering. You will join the team in Berlin that is responsible for developing compelling user experiences that are the face of KAYAK for millions of users every day. You’ll work closely with other teams to develop innovative features and keep our product a step ahead of the competition. If you\'re an engineer who loves travelling and wants to work on a team of similarly talented, driven individuals, we\'d love to hear from you.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience developing web applications
- Bachelor\'s degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math)
- Portfolio of complex sites you\'ve worked on
- Experience with React is plus
- Knowledge of performance considerations, especially with respect to browsers
- Familiarity with Java, C#, or similar object-oriented languages
- Ability to debug issues in a full-stack environment
- Basic SQL knowledge
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world\'s leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK\'s portfolio of metasearch brands including SWOODOO, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other\'s strengths and insights. Together, we\'re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is part of Booking Holdings Inc. and operates sites in more than 60 countries and territories.
Benefits and Perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Annual education budget *
- Free lunch catering three days per week *
- Public transportation subsidies *
- Free German classes *
- Free Yoga classes *
- Free massages from Wellnow *
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc
- Regular team events and volunteering opportunities
- Sport teams (Football, Volleyball, Basketball)
- Flexible hours
- In-house gym facilities
- Universal paid parental leave
* currently paused due to COVID
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.