Your talent and creative mind are needed at Urbantz !
Join our team as a Software Engineer (Intermediate / Senior level).
What? Kotlin / Swift
Where? Remote from anywhere in Europe OR at our Brussels office
About the Team
“Think, try, fail, collaborate and grow as a better developer.”
- As a company, we believe that, sometimes, failing is the best way to learn and get better at what you do.
- We believe in the richness of collaboration and of diversity, for everyone to make an impact and work together toward a common goal.
- We offer a flexible and fun working environment with lots of autonomy and the possibility to grow as a professional and as a person. You will find an engaged team, where people share their joy for technology, ready to coach you as well as learning from you.
- For us, the culture fit is important as we want to invest in our people for the long term.
-Collaboration, Ownership, Innovation, Excellence & Sustainability are our core values-
Team size: 20+
About the position
- You will help build a modern, highly complex, multi-service application that leads to the delivery of millions of packages per year to clients like you.
- We're moving our iOS mobile application to in-house development and you will help us scale and maintain it so it can continue to be used by thousands of drivers every day.
- You will work closely with the web application engineering team and product managers to define the how to the why and what of our product
- Our language: Kotlin and Swift
- Our main technologies: We have our apps natively built in Kotlin and Swift. We use AngularJS for the front-end and NodeJS for the backend. Our unit tests use Jest, and our end-to-end tests use Protractor. We store data using MongoDB. Our code is stored in GitLab, and we make use of its CI/CD capabilities to deploy easily to AWS and Azure. Our containerization & orchestration uses Docker + Kubernetes.
- We work with short agile development cycles, 3 weeks on specific tasks followed by a week of a cool-down period to work on new ideas/initiatives and prepare for the next cycle.
You are positive-minded and like to find ways to constantly improve in what you do.
- You can get things done and communicate well while doing it
- You are fluent in English
- You are a talented Kotlin and Swift developer
- Experience with NodeJS and MongoDB is a plus
- You stay abreast of developments and best practices within the technologies we use
- You already have an affinity with the logistics sector or interested to learn about it
What’s in it for you?
- A fast-growing company with lots of great challenges.
- A permanent contract with a great extra-legal package in Belgium, or a nice freelance long-term collaboration anywhere in Europe.
- Flexible organization, nice colleagues to work with, fun company activities (even for our remote people!), and much more!
- If your desire is having an impact and bring a change: don’t hesitate and apply now!
- Brief phone conversation with HR
- Interview with 2 team members
- Technical test
- Interview with CTO/Technical leads