Pixie brings small accountancy and bookkeeping teams together to collaborate and deliver better service to their clients. Our software helps them manage work, clients and deadlines in one place.
We are building a sustainable, global business, backed by world-class angel investors who believe in our mission.
We are at an exciting inflexion point in our business and are looking for people who are experts in their field to join our team and help us shape its future while respecting our values:
- Go the distance
- Continuous learning
We are looking for a talented Product Designer to join our team. This is a remote position that requires an overlap with GMT +/- 3. We hire in any country within these timezone boundaries.
As our first full-time product designer, you will reshape our brand and Pixie’s UI and UX, including its visuals, iconography and style guide. You will work in close collaboration with engineering and product.
Your role will evolve as we grow as a team and as a company.
Your responsibilities include:
- Design all key elements of Pixie’s user journeys and features.
- Maintain a comprehensive design system for our product that works across desktop and mobile devices of varying resolutions.
- Rethink our user experience to accommodate our market learnings and support the expansion of our feature set.
- Kickstart the redesign of our brand to make its visual communication consistent across our product, marketing creatives and sales collateral.
- When needed, hire and manage freelancers to deliver marketing/sales creatives.
- Have 7+ years of relevant experience in digital product design, UI and UX.
- Background in designing B2B prosumer/small business software products.
- Demonstrable experience in user research and UX design.
- Willingness to engage with customers, learn about their jobs-to-be-done and incorporate those learnings into Pixie’s UX.
- Although you have expert knowledge of CSS, you keep it simple and write clean styles and HTML markup.
- Ideally, your products will have had plenty of exposure to non-English speaking cultures.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to participate in video calls when needed.
- Native-English speaker.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in a design-related discipline.
- Market-rate salary + share options scheme.
- Budget for WFH set-up, or co-working desk (when possible).
- Discretionary budget for learning (e.g. books, courses).
- Flexible working hours and holiday breaks.
- Plenty of room and support to continue growing professionally.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally and strongly encourage people from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply.