As an Accountingprose Full-Cycle Superhero Accountant, you will be responsible for keeping your clients' financials up to date on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. This translates to reconciling bank and credit card accounts, entering accounts payable and paying bills, entering accounts receivable, processing payroll, filing multi-state sales and use tax returns, syncing software, and preparing and presenting month-end financial statements including a Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flow.
You will also be responsible for building trust and rapport with our clients through weekly emailed progress reports, on-off Loom videos, and impromptu Zoom video calls. In return, you will gain mastery over the cloud accounting software that Accountingprose utilizes to perform work, which will help you grow your industry knowledge and advance your career in the age of automation and machine learning. Our goal is to increase your relevancy and marketability while making this a place that offers challenge, excitement, and insulation from industry changes (re: the accounting robots). If you decide to make Accountingprose your forever home (we hope you do!), your career path is yours to create.
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Reconciling bank, credit card, loan, merchant accounts in Xero
- Posting one-time and repeating journal entries in Xero
- Entering and paying bills via Bill.com
- Entering receipts in Receipt Bank and syncing transactions to Xero
- Entering invoices in Xero and setting up payment reminders
- Processing and recording payroll via Gusto
- Calculating, preparing, and remitting single and multi-state sales tax returns
- Keeping track of what new sales tax nexus obligation a business has
- Updating fixed asset schedules monthly (or when a client makes a big purchase) and making sure that use tax is paid when necessary
- Syncing software or manually pulling reports from various online software, including ActionStep, Amazon Seller Central, Clio, ConnectWise, Harvest, Shopify, Square, Stripe, Paypal, and many other SaaS apps.
- Preparing and explaining month-end financial statements to small business owners and investors
- Complete understanding of full-cycle accounting with 3+ years of hands-on experience. You know what is happening behind the scenes when you are posting transactions and you can explain challenging accounting concepts to a novice.
- Naturally curious with a desire to share knowledge. You meet people where they are (eg. not using complicated accounting jargon) and get stoked about hopping on a Zoom call, recording Looms, or sharing resources you scoured the internet for.
- Intermediate software knowledge: Xero, Quickbooks Online, Quickbooks Desktop, Gusto, Teamwork, Zoom, Box, ReceiptBank. Are some of these foreign? No worries! We provide in-depth training to build your skills.
- Ability to multitask but more excited about deep work. You will be working with a handful of clients (15-25/mo depending on the scope of work) but should be excited to work with deep focus for long stretches of time without toggling back and forth.
- A spreadsheet wizard, able to make sense of lots of information. Vlookups and pivot tables experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills. Nothing slips past you!
- Excited by process and automation. Why do the same task, over and over again manually when the robots can do the work?
Bonus: Get Bumped to the Top of the List
If you have experience in the following industries, you will be bumped to the top of the list:
- Managed Services (MSP)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Paid company holidays
- Paid sick days
- Company-supplied equipment (laptop, etc)
- 3% Simple IRA Salary Match
- $300 Health Insurance Stipend via Take Command Health
- Work from wherever you want- we are totally virtual (though you must be based in and authorized to work in the US)
- Awesome people to work alongside
Starting at $45,000 to $50,000 per year with a 2% annual cost of living increase and opportunities for annual performance-based raises and referral commissions.
- Accountingprose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accountingprose's employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Work Hours: Any 8 hours plus lunch from 7 am to 7 pm Mountain Time (Denver). You will set your schedule when you begin working for us.
Accountingprose operates by the Conscious Capitalist credo and, in short, we are everything that the Big 4 is not.
- We treat our team with respect, kindness, and fairness- never making our people suffer through 60 hour work weeks, tied to the desk and away from their friends and family.
- We enthusiastically encourage our employees to deepen their skills and interests outside of work and offer opportunities for advancement and growth.
- We recognize and celebrate that our employees aren't just accounting robots- they are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, and most importantly humans.
- We operate with an abundance mindset and recognize that success is not zero-sum.
- We see happiness as a KPI. We value people over profits and do what's right, no matter what. (It helps us sleep better at night).
When operating by these principles, we create an inclusive and welcoming environment that encourages both personal and professional growth. Our employees have the skills that will afford them a spot at any table- but they choose a front-row seat at ours.