We're looking for an awesome Ruby on Rails / React engineer (5+ years of experience) to work on our modern software stack. ShareGrid's infrastructure powers a fast-growing two-sided marketplace with complex rental logistics. In other words, you are joining us to solve hard problems in a growing startup that is trusted with safely sharing our users' personal belongings. You're ready to take what you've learned elsewhere in your career and apply it in a role in which you're expected to come with a growth mindset.
Our engineering team is small enough that you'll know all your co-workers by name, but established enough that you won't lack for resources. You'll work in a team tasked with architecting and building logistics-facing APIs, production and analytics-facing databases, billing systems, automated fraud detection, and much more. We are a Rails/React shop, and you're expected to hit the ground running with these technologies while you come up to speed on our business specifics.
ShareGrid launched in 2015 and is VC funded and profitable. This is a full-time opportunity in Seattle, WA (remote considered) with benefits and early equity in a growing company.
- React.js / ES6
- Sidekiq / Redis
• Medical, dental, and vision plans (premiums paid by ShareGrid).
• Great paid vacation policy and paid holidays.
• Group 401(k) plan.
• Stock options.
• Macbook, iPhone (with plan), and remote-work equipment.
• Team offsites, happy hours, and activities.
• Awesome teammates!
Nice to have:
• Prior startup experience
• CS degree or related
• Familiarity with cloud hosting, preferably AWS, using technologies like S3, CloudFront, EC2, ECS, Lambda, and RDS
• Ability to engage in product design sessions
• This is an opportunity with benefits and equity in a growing company. Salary depends on overall experience.
We are currently fully remote and plan to reopen our office in Seattle in 2022. We also pay if you relocate to Seattle! Will consider permanent remote candidates.