The Visual Design Intern will work support our design team in both print and digital design, including identity systems, packaging, apps and web projects. This position will involve extending and/or executing existing design solutions under the direction of senior design staff, with the opportunity to contribute ideas and concepts to projects as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong skills in layout, typography, iconography or illustration, color systems, and the creation of design comps and presentations. Other important areas of basic proficiency include responsive design and current UI patterns. With these skills and proficiencies, you will have the opportunity to participate in the integration of visual touchpoints all across the customer experience.
Working at Ammunition is an exciting opportunity to stretch across a wide range of product types and industries, and experience the process of bringing products from an entrepreneur’s mind into customers’ hands. This role requires working collaboratively, creatively, and flexibly with multi-disciplinary teams. Please visit us at www.ammunitiongroup.com to familiarize yourself with the kinds of products and solutions we create.
• Ability to take direction from senior creative leadership, along with openness to learning from others.
• Ability to respond to design requirements from different team members, including strategists, UX designers, industrial designers, and packaging designers.
• Willingness to contribute to design concepting and ideation as needed.
• Passion for contemporary culture, and interest in current trends in visual design.
• Ability to keep current on standards and tools, and share best practices with team members.
• Personal commitment to quality and attention to detail throughout the design process.
• Ability to work efficiently and adhere to schedules and deadlines with effective communication skills.
• Ability to work with outside vendors as needed.
• BA in New Media Design or Graphic Design (Graduate, or final year student).
• Previous internship or freelance experience a plus.
• Demonstrated skills and interest in visual design and production for both print and digital projects.
• Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
• Basic skills in presentation tools (Keynote, Acrobat, Miro).
• Basic skills in digital design, prototyping, and markup tools a plus (Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, After Effects).
• A portfolio of appropriate school projects or work that demonstrates the capabilities outlined above.