We are looking for an Enterprise Software Developer to design, manage and implement various software solutions and services relating to, web applications, AWS cloud services, and on-premise systems for cloud and location-based VR. Work closely with Dreamscape team leads and vendors to achieve feature and scaling goals for a growing fleet of global, Location-Based VR businesses (remotely or onsite as needed).
- Help architect and implement solutions to scale the Dreamscape enterprise software architecture, supporting high growth and reliability.
- Develop, test, and document services using tools such as Lambda, Kinesis, PostgreSQL, and EC2 on AWS
- As part of a team, design and implement solutions that solve complicated application challenges focusing on performance, scaling and security
- Integrate third-party enterprise services with Dreamscape back-end systems, develop APIs and support customer-facing production deployment.
- Create and document RESTful web services.
- Help to build a Continuous Integration environment, good security practices, and operationalize production applications at scale.
- Implement monitoring and alerting tools that can keep track of both system-level and business-level performance.
- Diligently document procedures and code.
- Assist in decisions related to infrastructure or code design
- Participate in on-call, remote, or on-site support and maintenance activities as needed
- Refine processes to develop a culture of quality and high availability
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
- 5+ years developing operational or production software
- Ability to design full-stack architectures based on a list of requirements
- Ability to design and develop for a hybrid cloud/on-prem environment
- Experience with C, C++, Ruby, node.js a plus
- Experience with Web Frameworks such as React, Vue, Flask
- Experience with scripting or shell languages such as Bash, PowerShell, etc.
- Experience developing API services in a Serverless Framework using API Gateway and Lambda functions
- Experience developing in AWS using technologies like EC2, VPC, Load balancers, S3, RDS
- Foundational understanding and knowledge of relational or NoSQL metadata modeling
- Experience with High-Availability Database technologies: PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Experience with Workflow Support platforms such as Jira and Jenkins
- Experience developing on various Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
- Understanding of middleware, proxies, and application integration
- Understanding of networking (load balancing, TCP/IP, DNS, VLANs, SSL Certificates, etc.)
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Perks: (This position is remote until county guidelines allow returning to the office)
- Strong medical, dental, and vision plans
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Commuter perks
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off and sick leave
- Continuous learning and professional development
- Stocked kitchen with plenty of snacks
- Dog-friendly office
Dreamscape is committed to providing equal opportunities. The Company prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.