Glad you’re interested! We’re looking for a Senior Security Engineer to help us shaping our digital platform and change the way insurance is bought online. No more insurance talk that only a lawyer understands, we’re here to make a difference.
As a Security Engineer, you’ll work in a cross-functional environment alongside multiple teams toshape our security strategy and constantly refine processes, controls and protection measures to safeguard our customers, partners, employees and intellectual property. Focusing on security by design, you’ll help us implementing a technology platform bound to disrupt the traditional insurance proposition.
If you’re passionate about enhancing how we take business and product decisions and delivering awesome products, then read on.
Your day-to-day activities will include
- Define and deliver best practices, processes, compliance baselines and high impact security solutions, liaising with peers and all main stakeholders across the organization and ensuring proper collaboration
- Take a leadership role in designing and implementing security and privacy initiatives within our continuous delivery platform, focusing on reliability, maintainability and testability of applications and infrastructure
- Ensure security at scale, including automatic vulnerability monitoring for new or existing services and solving complex security problems while minimizing employee friction
- Support creating and maintaining standard operating procedures and formal documentation including reports, slide decks and architecture diagrams. Conduct regular security assessments.
- Collaborate with Site Reliability Engineers to mitigate and resolve security incidents, perform forensic analysis and root cause detection within postmortems, establishing a culture of collaboration between teams
This is what we will look for
- 6+ years of significant hands-on experience defining and implementing best practices, processes and solutions to secure applications and infrastructure in a Security Engineering or DevSecOps role within a large-scale, customer-facing micro services infrastructure
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders across the organization and third-party providers, clearly presenting security concepts and designs also for a non-technical audience
- You understand the thread-offs of different solutions and apply best practices with regards to performance, reliability, availability of highly-secure infrastructures.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (particularly AWS), applications containerization/orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Istio), configuration management (Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet) and implementing continuous development, delivery and deployment solutions is a plus
- Software development capabilities in any modern language (Python, Go, Rust, Java, Kotlin, Scala, C++, C#, Ruby …) is a plus
- Great team player: you collaborate effectively with team members, express technical leadership arguing your views and ideas while keeping open to different opinions, being humble and always contributing to the overall growth of the team
- Avid learner who stays up-to-date with the latest trends and can vet with pragmatism and long-term vision the adoption of new technologies
- Master’s or PhD degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent working experience
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
What we offer
We're a start-up embedded within an organization known for its high-caliber talent and excellent benefits. So, you get the best of both worlds - a fast paced, challenging environment with a genuine work-life balance and more.
Do you love thinking ahead and identifying new opportunities or anticipate future challenges? Do you like driving complex, cross-functional projects following agile principles and pragmatism? Do you enjoy pushing borders and have a passion for the latest technologies?
That was a lot! Still interested? Now, that’s the spirit we’re looking for. Go ahead and apply today.
Our recruiting process
For this position you can generally expect a hiring process similar to the following one (based on location and availability the process can be slightly modified):
- Qualified candidates receive feedback concerning their application from our Recruiting team
- Phone technical interview: technical topics and usually a coding exercise
- Onsite technical interview: conversation about technical topics, experiences and analyzing possible production scenarios
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.