Wanted: Game-Changing Content Marketing Manager
🕘 Flexible Hours
💡 3 Years of Experience
🏖️ Unlimited Paid Vacation
💻 Monthly Remote Stipend
🗺 Anywhere in the United States
💪 Personal & Professional Growth
Our Content Marketing Manager position is a full-time role with a mission to create, manage, and oversee our clients’ podcast marketing strategy and assets, and ensure our goals for them are not only met but exceeded.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a full-service podcast production company, we offer podcast content marketing packages in addition to standard production services to equip our clients with quality marketing assets created from each episode of their podcast.
You (or the team members who report to you) will listen to each episode of client podcasts, draw insights from it, and create marketable assets out of them. Some of these assets may include things like:
- Episode Takeaways
- Quote Graphics
- Videos / Video Clips
Many of our clients are using this playbook to drive all (or some) of their entire content strategy across all of their channels.
A Day in the Life
Imagine for a moment that you wake up in the morning, and you’re not mad about it because this is what you were made for.
Your commute is 45 seconds. You brew great coffee or tea (or Kombucha if you’re into that type of thing), then hop on Slack and share what you’ll be working on with the team.
From there, you might find yourself on a new client Kickoff Call to understand their marketing goals, strengths, and areas where the podcast marketing assets we create for them will have the biggest impact (and how we should execute it for them to have that impact).
Then it’s on to listening to an episode of another client’s latest podcast episode, pulling out the gold from it, and turning that into takeaways, an article, and the copy for video clips and social posts.
Maybe you have a 1:1 with a member of our leadership team, or participate in a Chat N’ Chill (a monthly team meeting where we leave work behind for an hour so, you guessed it, we can chat and we can chill).
Next up you might be working with our video creative director to develop a new style/template for a client’s marketing videos on YouTube and social.
You’re then possibly ending the day with some analytics reviews to see what’s working and what’s not (as much as we hoped it would) for our clients’ marketing assets, and coming up with some ideas you can send to the client to help them improve how they’re using the assets.
There will be many memes, gifs, and team collaborations in the mix too, of course.
It’s not a day at Lemonpie if you haven’t laughed and learned.
And we don’t just say that – we make it our mission to ensure each and every day results in a team that’s happier and more fulfilled than the day before and growing together, even from hundreds of miles apart.
A Perfect Fit
- A minimum of 3 years experience building and managing content strategies. You will be responsible for setting the strategy of each client’s podcast content marketing program, executing that strategy yourself (or managing multiple team members who are executing the strategy), and iterating it overtime to get the best results.
- Experience creating a variety of content types (written, video, audio, etc.)
- A broad understanding of content and social media marketing strategies. You will guide our clients on how we think about podcast marketing, what content and social media marketing strategies are most effective right now across different channels (LinkedIn, Twitter, IG, YouTube, etc.).
- A broad understanding of business. You’ll be working with podcasts from various industries. It could be a SaaS podcast or a show about the safety industry. Without knowing the industry, you’ll have to pick out key moments, great quotables, or takeaways that you’ll turn into other written content.
- Excellent communication skills. You’ll be the running point with clients on everything related to their podcast content marketing strategy. You’ll be responsible for promptly and kindly responding to clients with any questions they may have, as well as briefing your team on various projects and keeping our Leadership team updated as needed.
- Even better-writing skills. You’ll need to summarize (sometimes long and/or complex) takeaways in 1 or 2 sentences and in a way everyone can understand. You can listen to someone tell you about their business, and then communicate what they do in a way anybody could understand. You can take a complicated idea and explain it to people like they’re five.
- Project Management experience. You’ll be responsible for marketing asset delivery deadlines for every episode of each clients show. If you’re not highly organized and proactive this role isn’t for you.
- Leadership experience. As of now, you’ll be working with, and managing the work of, 3 freelancers, which may eventually grow into leading multiple full-time employees. Teamwork, the ability to give candid but kind feedback, responsiveness, and engagement are essential.
- Have experience writing on social. You’ve written content for social media platforms before. Even more bonus points if you have experience running social media for brands.
- Experience with paid/performance marketing.
No one wants to work somewhere they don’t love.
Here are a few indicators you’ll feel right at home here:
- Think outside of the box. Or more accurately, are unaware a box ever existed and like to create your own. Then you tear it down and build a tower instead.
- Have an almost freakish ability to communicate virtually. Not only by speech but the written word. For real. We mean it. If communication of any kind is something you struggle with, we totally get it (we love our introverted team members!), but you and this role won’t be friends.
- Crave improvement. You’re never good with good enough. You know even the best pitch, process, team can be better and you want to be the person that gets it there.
- Are a team player. If you’re a “that’s not my job” or “I did all of this” person we’re not for you.
- Speak up. You say what you’re thinking and are objective with your feedback.
- Take 100% accountability. For wins and losses.
- Work independently. We pride ourselves on pouring into each and every one of our team members but hand-holders we are not (well…we do hold our husbands/wives/little people’s hands from time to time. We’re not monsters.).
- Are a good human. We pride ourselves on being a team comprised of genuinely good human beings (kind, empathetic, transparent, etc.) and will keep it that way.
- Exist to help businesses grow. And their people shine, through podcasting.
- Have been fully remote from the start. Work from your home office, co-working space, or a cornfield in Iowa. If you have internet access we’ll be in business.
- Are a people-first company. Our team is always our #1 priority and not just because it’s good for business (happy people do better work) but because it’s the right thing to do.
- Promote and encourage work-life balance. Your little person has t-ball games every Thursday evening so you need to tap out early to prep for? Have fun and tell them we say good luck (then share pics in Slack of their cuteness, of course). Your new pup has obedience training every Wednesday afternoon? Go for it, and maybe stop off for a nice walk after.
- Do not micromanage. Not even a little. Your work will speak for itself. We’ll never track your time, double-check that you did XYZ, or ask why you came in at 8:45 instead of 8:00. You have our full trust from the very beginning.
We work really hard to make working at Lemonpie an amazing experience. We have a team full of truly exceptional people – the kind you’ll be excited to work with.
Here’s how we operate:
- Live And Work Where You Want – We’re a distributed team, so you can live and work wherever you want (from your house, favorite coffee shop, co-working space, etc.). For our ideal candidate, proximity won’t influence their productivity because they are internally motivated. Our only requirement is that you have a reliable internet connection and can focus on work during work time!
- Unlimited Paid Vacation – We want you to take a vacation. In fact, we have a minimum vacation policy of three weeks per year (not including holidays). It’s important to get out and do something. We’ll look forward to seeing pictures when you get back.
- Flexible Hours – As long as you’re available during core business hours and keeping full-time hours (7am-3pm, 8am-4pm, 10am-6pm, etc.), we’ll work with you to create a schedule that’s optimal for you.
- Monthly Remote Stipend – For some, working remotely means lots of coffee shops, a co-working space, or let’s face it – needing more loungewear. We provide a $100 monthly stipend for whatever you need.
- Personal & Professional Growth – We’re serious about helping you improve your craft. Think conferences, books, dedicated time away from work to learn something new…it’s really up to you, but we love to see our people growing.
If this role sounds like everything you’ve been waiting for, apply below.