Do you like having the time and freedom to explore a problem and its potential solutions? Want to be part of a company where your ideas can be easily and openly discussed? How about being able to have a high impact on a product with millions of users? You’ve knocked at the right door.
Yet Another Mail Merge enables users to send email campaigns directly from their Gmail account, using a simple spreadsheet to configure and track. It is used, loved and highly rated by millions of users
We are looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer to join our growing engineering team. You will be responsible for the end-to-end development of core parts of the product. We expect you to help us take our products and our team to the next technical level and to teach us something we don’t know.
Our product values are: simplicity, empowerment, and getting out of the way.
- Taking full responsibility for big projects and core parts of the product from a software engineering perspective
- Writing technical specifications for and developing new large features
- Contributing to product specification by evaluating the technical difficulty of a project
- Proactively proposing architecture, performance and infrastructure improvements
- Owning the release process, improving the software engineering life cycle (build, CI/CD)
- Helping set and maintain a high professional standard
- Helping junior developers to grow
Some examples projects that you could work on:
- Working on features that will improve the deliverability of emails sent with YAMM: spam predictor, bounce checker, throttling, etc
- Making our data model evolve to be more flexible and scalable, and make the right database choice for the next stage of our growth
- Designing and implementing the API of a new billing system and pricing model
- Developing a webhooks API and integrating fully with Zapier
- Improving performance across the board
- Revamping our billing system
- You care more about making reliable software used by many than a shiny unstable thing used by no one. You understand that engineering work is done first and foremost for the customers.
- You care a lot about performance, understand that speed is a core feature
- Fully capable of building, owning and running entire systems (new add-on, new billing system, new api)
- Deep, substantial expertise in multiple programming environments, with a particular focus on the front-end
- You can provide material feedback on the work of junior programmers
- You’re a fan of spreadsheets and their programming paradigm
- You’re a team player
- Experience: 6+ years as a professional programmer on products, preferably SaaS products with many users.
- Cloud: you have experience with one of the 3 main cloud platforms. Bonus points for GCP and serverless experience
- Software engineering tools: you’ve worked with git and Jira, you’re familiar with front-end build tools, benchmarking, CI/CD and profiling tools
- Language: excellent in English, both written and oral
- Writing: you enjoy writing, you care about words and grammar, you are sharp and thorough
- A good compensation that gives you financial peace of mind, wherever you live
- 20 days of paid time off + 5 bank holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (depending on the type of contract)
- Paid parental leave
How to apply:
We want to get a sense of how you write and think. To that end, please write an email that covers at least the following:
- Tell us why you want this job, and why you’re interested in building Yet Another Mail Merge
- Tell us about something you’ve built that you’re proud of, show us some code if possible
- Tell us what you’re excited about in programming these days
- Include a link to something you're proud of having written online (or copy/paste if not public - we won't share)
- Please ask the questions you have
We value great writers, so please use your application to show off those skills (stock cover letters won’t do)
Send to the email address indicated on WWR.
- We will first ask you a few targeted questions to be answered by email so as to get acquainted with you in writing.
- If that goes well, we’ll send you a technical test.
- You’ll then move on to an interview with a Lead Engineer
- Finally, an interview with the CTO.
We can’t wait to hear from you!