Relayr is the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) powerhouse delivering the most complete solution for risk-free digital transformations. We unleash data insights from existing equipment, machines and production lines to improve our customers’ business outcomes.
We provide a unique combination of first-class IIoT technology and its delivery with powerful financial and insurance offerings — all from a single source trusted by hundreds of companies worldwide. With around 300 employees, we are a truly global family with locations in Germany, the USA, Poland, Italy, and the UK. Named twice the hottest start-up in Berlin by WIRED magazine and a winner of The Spark - the German Digital Award, relayr is now part of the Munich Re group.
As a Principal Architect at relayr, you will be working closely with our CTO, engineering directors, and principal engineers on defining the architecture and designing principles used to guide technology decisions across teams, departments, and the enterprise. In this role, you will drive vision on the design of our platform across boundaries of engineering and business teams, aiming for the holistic solution. Researching risks and opportunities, taking teams’ feedback into account you will help relayr in achieving of both tactical and strategic business needs. Based in our Berlin office.
- Define and identify explicit and implicit architectural requirements for the cloud platform and its software ecosystem, drive topics such as security, reliability and cost-effectiveness forward
- Work closely with CTO and expert engineers in aligning the architectural characteristics, structure, design principles and decisions with the business and technical strategy
- Continuously assess architecture vitality and viability, ensure that it meets the business requirements
- Work together with senior engineers and solution architects to ensure compliance with architecture decisions and design principles
- Work together with senior engineers and engineering leadership to define, implement and roll out processes and tooling for establishing architectural governance and ensuring architectural fitness
- Assess, plan and drive the adoption of Platform as a Service functionality
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in systems architecture, solution architecture, cloud architecture or similar disciplines.
- A minimum of 5 years of software development experience.
- Hands-on experience with designing and implementing large-scale heterogeneous systems, designing data-driven platforms
- Experience with multiple languages, platforms and technologies:
- Backend programming languages (e.g. Python, Scala, Java, Node, C)
- Cloud platforms (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP, Alibaba Cloud)
- Storage systems (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, Mongo), caching systems (e.g. Redis, Memcached), messaging broker systems (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Azure certified (Associate, Expert preferred) & hands-on Microsoft Azure experience
- Effective communicator, both with technical stakeholders as well as C-level executives and business stakeholders
- Strong inter-personal skills, analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience with IoT
- Hands-on experience with Edge processing
At relayr, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. As firm believers in the power of different perspectives, we encourage our employees to share knowledge and exchange bold ideas to help innovation in the IoT industry thrive. We are committed to creating a fair, supportive, and open environment for all.
- Flexibility and safety are important to us! As a company we were quick to react when the Corona pandemic began, sending all our employees to work from home. If you start out as a new employee at relayr, you will be working from home, enjoy a structured digital onboarding programme and flexible working hours.
- Modern office located in Kreuzberg with a relaxation room, standing-desks, free fruits, and a high-end espresso machine
- Relayrians come from all over the world, speak 20+ languages (working language is English), and welcome people of all ages and parental statuses. Our customers are as diverse as we are - join us to connect with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- An extensive on-boarding period so you can get up to speed with the rest of the team
- A learning environment where you can build upon your skills and interests, share knowledge, access our expanding professional library, and attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline. We also offer free German classes at all levels
- Have some fun with regular team lunches and offsites, a yearly company summit, and our branded goodies
- Competitive salary
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city!
- 25 paid vacation days + public holidays
- Discounted Urban Sports Club membership
- Choose between a Mac, Windows, or a Linux machine
- We offer the ability to work with the newest tech-stack and the most talented engineers in IoT industry!