Note: this role is also open to applicants in Chicago, IL
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate Investment Bank (CIB) is actively seeking an energetic and innovative Product Designer to join our group.
J.P. Morgan is embarking on a transformation into the fin-tech future of institutional trading by incorporating emerging technologies such as block chain, data science, machine learning, and cyber-security into the products we create. Our team, which sits within JP Morgan’s institutional trading arm (serving corporate clients), leverages such technologies to develop and refine the tools considered most essential to the users that keep this business at the top of the industry: traders, analysts, portfolio managers and others closely involved in the origination, analytics, and execution of trades. These users have complex, fast-paced, informationally overloaded jobs, within an already complex industry. And so, the tools we design must add value while adding minimal complexity. To do our job well, we utilize creative design-led techniques to help us break through the industry jargon and bureaucracy and find insights that others can’t.
The successful candidate will join this unique and specialized team that provides product strategy and delivery capabilities for client/employee-facing applications.
As an experienced designer, you are a maker, comfortable working in trans-disciplinary teams and using design tools to help stakeholders think differently. In this role, you’ll lead and evangelize user-centered design by applying design thinking methods, lead workshops for collaboration and ideation, create prototypes and give executive level playbacks.
• Excels at conceptualizing, modeling, and designing complex, yet innovative, experiences
• Has experience in user research and service design to uncover important contextual details that help ensure we’re solving for the right problems
• Effectively communicates, verbally and visually, to multiple stakeholders including leadership teams, the design rationale for conceptual ideas and detailed designs rooted in user research findings and business goals
• Captures the big picture not just from a product perspective but the overall service offering
• Enjoys collaborating to orchestrate the many functions needed to deliver a designed experience
• Is detail-oriented and appreciates the value of visual aesthetics across everything we do
• Can confidently translate business problems and requirements into compelling user experiences
• Define and drive the overall process of product design for complex, highly functional business applications
• Formally or informally uncover user needs and contexts via primary and secondary research and leverage your learnings to come up with big ideas
• Create, present, and document proposed solutions from the big ideas to the smallest components which might include interaction models and flows, screen and component states, data and information hierarchies
• Escort a proposed solution through to deployment and beyond ensuring that the vision becomes a reality.
Experience and Qualifications
• Minimum 8 years of experience working as a user experience professional
• Has evaluated the goals and opportunities of an initiative and then worked to craft a program of work for the UX workstream which has included user research and synthesis, concepting, design, specification, QA, and deployment.
• Experience designing applications within complex business domains
• Demonstrable experience designing rich interactions for desktop, web, hand-held form factors
• Foundation education in graphic, industrial, interaction design or related degree. Master’s degree preferred or equivalent advanced degree is preferred for our Lead roles.
• Track record of successful deliveries and a strong portfolio that highlights their ideas and end-product.
A portfolio with samples of work must be reviewed before an interview will be scheduled.