What we are looking for?
- We are looking for a Developer Advocate who would like to play with cloud-native technologies and build demos, integrations, sample applications resembling real-world use cases from them. You are someone who likes to try out open source projects even in the alpha stage.
- Help adoption of cloud-native tech by building content - blogs/tutorials/technical guides/case studies etc.Ideally, you are an engineer by vocation but a writer at heart and can quickly express complex technologies in plain English.
- You know at least one programming language well and are not afraid to hack around in other languages as needed.
- You have some understanding/experience with the cloud ecosystem and basic familiarity with cloud-native technologies.
- You have a strong understanding of Linux systems and a basic understanding of distributed systems.
- Writing blogs, making videos, presenting at meetups & conferences in the APAC region is something you would love to do as your full-time job.
What you will be learning and doing?
- InfraCloud has a few open-source products (BotKube, Fission) and a few more in the pipeline to be announced to the world soon. You will build demos, content, and integrations for these projects and present them at community events such as conferences and meetups.
- Apart from InfraCloud open source projects - you will build similar demos and content for projects in the CNCF community which are of strategic importance for InfraCloud.
- Work with other engineers and OSS project contributors to constantly keep learning about new OSS projects and new ideas.
- You will learn CNCF cloud-native technologies as part of your job and will build an identity for yourself and the company.
- You will get an opportunity to present to meetups and conferences in APAC. This will happen virtually for now but when the world opens up will also include some amount of travel.
- You will be closely working with the CTO in building demos and go to market content for new open source products that will be launched and for existing product’s use cases.
We think InfraCloud is a rocketship you should join!
InfraCloud has been working in cloud-native technologies with early innovators before Kubernetes was 1.0 and when it seemed like Mesos will become the standard! Our focus & history on an area of programmable infrastructure coupled with working with some innovative product companies give us some solid engineering challenges to work on.
From one of our hackathons was born BotKube Project which was developed by our engineers and community over the last 1.5 years. When we started developing BotKube’s Microsoft Teams integration, another project was born - Go SDK for Teams. We are also the second largest contributor as a company to Fission - a Serverless framework for Kubernetes. Another time an engineer working with a telecom company added support for 128bit tracing ID in Jaeger client. These are just some examples - and there are many more - do make a point to ask the engineers you talk to about more open source work we do.
Our engineers are co-organizers of Kubernetes Pune, Docker Pune, PythonPune and can be found frequently speaking at local meetups and conferences.