Role: Video Editor/Producer | Full time, Remote (US/CAN Only)
Comp: $60-70k plus healthcare & bonus
Opportunity: Help us to build a media-driven hybrid learning community for senior engineering leaders. Accelerate your career and your impact by joining us as our first full time video editor/producer and scaling with the company and the team.
Hi! My name’s Peter Bell. I’ve taught digital literacy and data science at Columbia Business School, ran the engineering team at General Assembly, built out remote first instructional and curriculum teams at Flatiron School and created books and videos for O’Reilly, Pearson, Pluralsight and more. https://www.linkedin.com/in/peterfbell/
Back in 2014, I founded CTO Connection as a hobby to run single day, single track in-person events for senior engineering leaders. The long term vision was always to build a community to help senior engineering leaders to share best practices for building and managing engineering teams. If software is “eating the world”, a great leverage point is to focus on helping engineering leaders to create better software and more effective and inclusive workplaces for their teams.
By the end of 2019, we’d got so much traction I had to give up the day job to focus on the business. We now have an online-first model (thanks covid!), are profitable, and it’s time to scale our systems - and our impact.
CTO Connection is a profitable startup that is building the premier educational community for senior engineering leaders. We have been running in-person CTO Summits since 2014, and now run online summits and are launching a platform to help senior engineering leaders to “share problems and get answers”. We’re looking for a smart, ambitious and passionate video editor/producer to help to scale the business, with at least 1-2 years of video editing/production experience.
You’ll be responsible for recording our presenters, editing the videos (Premiere & After Effects), researching and managing online video streaming platforms, managing our historic video assets in Vimeo/Wistia (we have 500+ presentations already by senior engineering leaders) and editing and managing our podcast (Audition + iZotope for sweetening + Captivate for hosting). You’ll also be responsible for managing the A/V and recordings at our online events and running AV for our in-person events, running a small team of volunteers to ensure a seamless in-person summit experience once people are meeting in-person again.
The ideal candidate will love to geek out on AV hardware and SaaS platforms and will enjoy the autonomy of building their own workflows for engaging with the rest of the team.
The compensation range for the role is $60-$70k with full coverage of healthcare (if US based). There will also be some kind of bonus/incentive package depending on the company's growth. You will need to be authorized to work wherever you're based - at the moment we’re not yet ready to sponsor visas.
- You’ll need at least 1-2 years of experience
- You should be comfortable editing videos quickly using Premiere, creating basic templates/images in Photoshop and adding movement using After Effects
- You should be in a location where you have or can get reliable internet access (we'll cover upgrading you to a business line if necessary)
- You should also be able to figure out enough Audition and iZotope to gently sweeten podcast audio
- You should enjoy engaging with people (at least some of the time!). You’ll be recording our speakers and need to be able to put them at ease so they can give their best performance.
- You should have very strong analytical skills for evaluating and identifying the right hardware and software to support our goals (we already have a bunch of fun toys, but we’re going to need some more!)
- You should be extremely self motivated. There will be daily standups, weekly 1:1’s and meetings to kick off and retrospect specific projects, but you’ll be responsible for managing your time and adding the maximum possible value across a range of projects
- You should also be passionate about the intersection of community, education and technology
The position is available immediately and we’d hope to extend a job offer to the right candidate within the month, so if you’re interested, apply now by filling out the form below!