Willis Towers Watson is seeking an experienced DevOps Platform Engineer to join our DevOps team. We are looking for the very best talent, and if you are passionate about what you do and welcome new challenges, we want to meet you.
The DevOps team spans multiple programs/products and it highly visible in the organization. We can work across those teams, Information Security, Cloud Enablement, and Information Technology to make the right decision. This highly collaborative environment allows you to build a network of intelligent people you can reach out to when necessary. We are building a new platform to enable our teams to deploy cloud native workloads efficiently using Docker and Kubernetes. You will be largely responsible for the direction the platform goes and tooling to support multiple teams.
This role will work closely with both Software Development and IT Operations groups to ensure that the platform is up to organizational standards.
We are open to candidates based in any U.S. location.
Employment-based non-immigration visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
• Configure and maintain Kubernetes clusters with deep, demonstrable knowledge of kubectl
• Design and implement CI/CD pipelines for deploying to Kubernetes based environments
• Analyze the technology options/feasibility and define the build, delivery, and deployment pipeline for applications
• Design and implement tools, plan for future updates, help maintain and update infrastructure
• Configure Kubernetes logging, monitoring, alerting systems
• Implement security controls to ensure code complies with security and compliance frameworks
• Work closely with engineers, QA, project managers throughout the software lifecycle
• Other suggestions you may have to improve the platform, tooling, or processes
• 2+ years of experience maintaining large Kubernetes clusters
• 1+ year of experience in architecture, configuration, delivery and operational services in at least one Kubernetes-based environment (e.g. AKS, EKS, GKE, PKS, Openshift, Rancher)
• Experience with code scanners and infrastructure monitoring (e.g. Azure Monitor, Splunk or ELK)
• Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code (e.g. CloudFormation or Terraform)
• Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field strongly desired; High School diploma required
• Expertise in container-based environments (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and the ability to work well with remote team members
• Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) / Developer (CKD) / Security (CKS)
• Familiarity with SOC2
Platform Engineer, Dataquest
Platform Engineer, amazee.io
DevOps Engineer, DataKitchen
Senior Platform (DevOps) EngineerRemote Full Time Employment
DevOps EngineerRemote Full Time Employment