Greenlight is an Atlanta-based fintech company that makes a debit card for kids and companion apps for the family. We proudly serve more than 2 million parents and kids, with in-app tools for sending money, setting savings goals, monitoring balances, managing chores, automating allowance and investing.
But that’s not all that we do. Here at Greenlight, we are on a mission to support parents and help every kid grow up to be financially healthy and happy. It’s no small task, but it’s the reason we leap out of bed every morning to come to work. Because creating a better, brighter future for kids depends on it.
We are looking for full-cycle engineers for the Greenlight Platform Team who love to work together as a team to solve problems in repeatable, reusable ways. You’re a master in some technologies but that isn’t enough - you enjoy learning new ones.
This role reports to the Engineering Manager. This job can be based either in Atlanta, GA or remote.
Technologies we use:
- Backend: Node.js, Kotlin, Java, Go
- Frontend: React, Redux, Swift, Kotlin
- REST, gRPC, graphQL
- MySQL, DynamoDB, Redis
- Kubernetes, Ambassador, Helm, Rancher
What you will be doing:
- Building and supporting microservices in Java/Kotlin that support our core product.
- Working with the Cloud Infrastructure team to deploy your services in Kubernetes on AWS
- Continuously evaluate and improve your code quality and the reliability and availability of your teams’ services through metrics, monitoring, testing
- Working with gRPC, GraphQL, and REST APIs
- Building, supporting, and operating your services for use within Greenlight engineering and for our partners
- Improve engineering tooling, process, and standards to enable faster, more consistent, more reliable, and highly repeatable application delivery
What you should bring:
Who we are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with languages on the JVM (Kotlin, Java, Scala, etc.)
- Experience with large-scale performant applications using cloud architecture and services - AWS and Kubernetes highly preferred
- Experience building quality software and writing your own unit tests
- A collaborative, positive, inclusive and team-oriented attitude
- A desire to learn and master new technologies
In late 2020, Greenlight was valued at $1.2B, backed by leading venture capitalists and institutional investors. Now, it takes a special kind of person to join a never-been-done-before mission like ours. We need people who love working with each other because they know it makes us stronger, people who look to others and ask, “How can I help?” and then “How can we make this even better?” If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and help parents raise a generation of financially-smart kids, apply to join our team today.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal state or local law.