What You Will Be Doing:
As Director of Connected Fleet IT you will oversee multiple projects and initiatives geared towards pulling sensor data from Penske’s fleet of vehicles and pushing it into Penske’s data platform to support various operational and analytical use cases. You will be working very closely with various data providers, IoT device suppliers, data engineering, data platform teams, product managers, Cloud Engineering, and various consumer application groups. You will also be jointly responsible for the quality of the incoming data and the exposed data services. In this role, you will lead the Big Data Integration and Services (BDIS) and the associated applications teams. You will also be responsible for talent management (recruiting, onboarding, and career development). This is a high-impact role as the capabilities developed through this program are critical to the success of Penske’s internal and external customers.
This position sits out of our corporate headquarters in Reading, PA.
- Work closely with various stakeholder groups and partners at mid to Sr. Management level to build and execute upon the program roadmaps
- Oversee enterprise-wide projects and initiatives or several large projects concurrently, assigned from department and client group senior leadership including other IT departments
- Lead and manage multiple global teams of big data developers, architects, QA, project managers, and team leaders to ensure that programs/projects are prioritized, scheduled, and completed according to the business needs
- Responsible for budgeting and tracking costs of various streaming platform components and be involved in vendor negotiations and vendor relationship management
- Understand contractual opportunities and pitfalls including reviewing and providing inputs to technical SOW’s
- Provide strategic input to functional leaders and senior IT management regarding IT needs and opportunities
- Maintain awareness of IoT, Streaming technology, API Management, and Data Servicestrends and know how to leverage them within the organization
- Ensure that the various applications and environments are available and supported as per the SLAs agreed with the business
- Follow IT practices in security, licensing, source code management, incident management, and following architectural standards
- Delegate and assign tasks to onshore and offshore technical resources for projects. Work with the partner leadership and onsite team members to regularly review project requirements, deliverables, and quality
- Ensure the associates lead project scope development and option analysis in an effort to recommend technical solutions to meet customer needs
- Follow the Penske Development Process (PDP) and ensure that all information is captured on time so relevant metrics can be generated. This should include attending relevant tollgates, change control, and deployment discussions.
- Ensure project completion and implementation on time, and ensure all tasks and projects are executed to department quality standards
- Assist in business planning
- Identify skill gap within the teams and layout a robust plan to bridge those gaps
- Build lasting relationships based on mutual respect and trust
- Coach and mentor associates. Develop team members to increase value to the organization
- Foster collaboration among associates and within workgroups
- Reduce complexity in the environment
- Identify future opportunities for system enhancement and value generation
- Use dashboards and metrics to properly prioritize work and ensure milestones on projects are being met
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or equivalent development experience
- 10+ years of leadership experience with responsibility of leading cross-functional teams as well as managing onsite and remote teams of highly skilled technical experts
- 3+ years experience leading large enterprise wide programs/projects
- 2+ year’ experience of cloud -preferably AWS
- Strong experience with Agile / DevOps approaches or methodologies
- Strong Technical Program Management experience is required
- Proven experience in developing program strategies driving incremental value and repeatable growth through products, services, and capabilities directly tied to IoT data
- Have strong knowledge of Integration technologies like Spring Integration Framework, API Management, Micro-services, and Cloud (preferably AWS)in IoT space, and experience rolling it out as an enterprise solution
- Experience managing cloud platforms taking advantage of cloud capabilities, implementing DevOps and CI/CD
- Expertise in leading the architecture, design & implementation of highly complex data integrations and data services by utilizing technologies such as Spring Boot, Spring Cloud Data Flow, Kafka, Cloud Foundry, API management, Postgres/Timescale, In-memory cache like Gemfire, GreenPlum, mySQL, Aurora, Oracle etc.
- Familiarity with Observability concepts and tools like Wavefront and ELK
- Strong experience in presenting to mid& senior management
- Strong process management capability
- Strong experience in building, coaching, mentoring, and motivating large teams
- Advanced Experience working with business leadership to establish a project/program application development roadmap
- Advanced experience in working with the various IT teams to build and implement a scalable architecture for relevant software solutions
- Experience implementing and managing Data Science and Advanced Analytics related projects including managing teams and technical resources, managing priorities, and defining measurable milestones
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change and viewing change as an opportunity to add value to the organization
- Demonstrated capability to break technical solutions into logical units and have the ability to use models to show information or data flow
- Full fluency and expert-level knowledge in systems/languages applicable to the role
- Full understanding of system development lifecycle, methodologies and standards
- Green Belt, Black Belt, Lean, or PMP certification preferred but not required.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management, and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.