What You Will Be Doing:
As a Penske Software Development Manager, Mobile, you will lead a team of IT associates in providing state-of-the-art technology solutions that support our suite of mobile applications. You will be responsible for the planning, management, and execution of our mobile development strategies. In this position, you will manage the internal development team and work with our internal departments and marketing group, as well as external vendors, on our customer-facing mobile applications.
In addition to the qualifications listed below, ideal candidates will have at least 10 years of broad-based IT experience with at least 5 years of experience in mobile development using the latest techniques and technologies. Working knowledge of agile methods is a plus.
This position sits out of our IT Center in Tampa, FL.
- Provide direction and day-to-day management of development staff to ensure that any roadblocks are removed, and developers/teams are successfully moving forward
- Ensure that development projects are prioritized, scheduled, and completed according to business needs
- Foster collaboration by leading regular meetings and communicating with process owners, product managers, agile teams, IT groups, and other stakeholders to negotiate priority and timelines while managing resources required to get the job done
- Hire new associates, guide, and mentor their career development, including conducting performance reviews
- Ensure on-time and defect-free delivery of applications in accordance with Penske standards
- Ensure technical leads follow the Penske Development Process (PDP) and maintain management reporting
- Act as the point of contact for multiple systems, agile teams, and cross-functional projects
- Identify new technologies to support product line development.
- Other projects, teams, and responsibilities as assigned by manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or Information Systems or equivalent development experience
- 10+ years overall IT experience
- 3+ years leading/supervising multiple IT projects through the full SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) including prior work defining complex application architecture and integration with multi-tiered systems
- Significant (5+ years) functional experience/working knowledge of the following or similar Technologies: Swift/Objective C for iOS, Kotlin/Java for Android, OOT (Object-Oriented Design, Programing, Architecture), Relational DB’s, SQL, Web Services, JSON, Typescript, NodeJS, Spring Framework, Swagger, Postman
- Experience with Mobile Metrics, Firebase, API Gateways, UML, Splunk, Big Data, Cloud, iOS/Android native mobile development, and the Atlassian toolset is a plus.
- Experience in leading teams in custom development, evaluating, selecting, integrating and implementing application software (package) solutions when appropriate
- Experience prioritizing technology needs within set budget requirements Strong leadership and people management skills with the ability to build and grow teams of highly motivated, deeply technical, productive software engineers preferably in an Agile environment
- Strong interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate highly technical concepts in clear/concise manner to non-technical individuals
- Knowledge of project management methods and tools
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Click Here to Apply