Laterpay has been remote-first since its inception, and as our HR and Culture Manager, you will help grow our team and culture. You will be responsible for all facets of this role including recruiting, HR admin, employer branding and culture. For this you will work closely with the senior management team. If you know how to hire great talent, deeply care for people and culture, and know how to balance people needs with business needs, we would be happy to have you join our team.
This position will report directly to our Director Finance & Administration. You will be the only HR and Culture Manager person for our team of around 35 people. In this role you will:
- Ensure an excellent Employee Experience from recruitment to offboarding
- Lead the recruiting process by working closely together with hiring managers, creating job descriptions, posting and spreading job ads, scheduling and conducting interviews, managing candidate experience, etc.
- HR administrative tasks: preparing and handling all HR related documents such as offers, contracts, amendments. You will ensure that that all employee records are up-to-date through managing our recruiting and HR tool Personio
- Work and partner with Operations and Finance teams on company wide initiatives, legal matters and daily operations, as well as the strategic development of teams and processes
- Improve our employee development programs through proactively assessing team, employee and manager development needs. Make data-based recommendations, provide feedback, and implement appropriate solutions
- Build a strong employer brand
- Consult and partner with our executives, managers and team leads on topics such as leadership, employee engagement, compensation and benefits
- Be up to date with legal topics related to HR (especially concerning Germany and the USA) and make sure that we are compliant
- Assess potential conflict situations, advise and mediate to resolve any issues regarding employee relations
- Plan and run the company’s bi-annual Allhands get-togethers either remotely or at different locations globally
- Build trusting relationships with Laterpay employees, leaders, and teams; use Laterpay’s values as a guiding compass in your recommendations and decision making
- Design and implement consistent People & Culture programs that help us achieve our business objectives and ensure understanding and knowledge throughout Laterpay’s employee base and management
- Strong experience in full employee life cycle (recruitment, onboarding, training and development, performance management, retention, offboarding) in a dynamic startup environment
- A good command of English and German: written and verbal, producing and understanding.
- As a distributed team, we primarily communicate via Slack, so the ability to clearly and completely communicate in written English is vital.
- We also frequently hop on calls, both audio and video, so the ability to clearly speak and understand English is also vital as this is our business language.
- A strong desire to build a world class remote-first company culture
- Great communication skills (spoken and written)
- Self-motivated and eager to learn and take on responsibility and ownership
- An ability to work independently as well as to collaborate with others effectively
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage large company projects
- Ability to work with a distributed team across multiple time zones
- Proven work experience as a People (HR) Generalist
- Knowledge of German labour law, US labour law is a plus
- A passion for improving employee performance, retention, and the employee experience
- Strong analytical ability and presentation skills
- Across-organization communication, interpersonal, relationship building and business partnership experience
- A love for all HR related tasks and processes
- Fluent in English and German
How we work
LaterPay has around 35 people spread over 13+ countries in time zones from UTC-8 to UTC+2. We’re a distributed team, though we have offices in Munich (DE) and New York (US).
We care more about the things you do than your presence at a chair at a desk at 9am every day. That said, most of us work Monday - Friday from 7ish UTC to 4ish UTC, and ideally you’ll overlap at least 4 hours with that. We try to be as asynchronous
as possible, but still feel that we need some “synchronicity” to work well.
We value trust, ownership, collaboration, transparency, respect and inclusion. We’re proud to have employees from many different nationalities, genders, ages, backgrounds, educations, and races. We believe that intentionally assembling a diverse team is not only the right thing to do, but also necessary to build a product that works for and appeals to an audience that faithfully reflects our communities and our shared planet.
- AllHands (biannual team event, when we can travel again)
- Training budget
- Paid sick leave
- Paid time off
- Distributed, international team
- Flexible work
If this sounds interesting, please apply here and
- Upload your CV, and
- Let us know in your cover letter what you bring to the table.
Our preference goes to applications with cover letters.
We will be accepting applications until April 28th. We’ll spend time reviewing applications until May 5th -- no need to check in with us if you don’t hear anything back from us during this time!
50k - €70k / year, negotiable based on experience and skill level.