Head of Cloud Native Computing Team (CNCT) is a dynamic position for building cutting edge cloud technologies as part of Samsung SDS Research America. CNCT provides technology thought leadership in the entire cloud infrastructure software stack for Samsung SDS.
CNCT Leader will be responsible for building out technology vision for the team, making strategic technology decisions, and defining and carrying out projects that will provide technology differentiation for the cloud platform built by Samsung SDS.
Successful candidate will lead and participate in R&D Cloud initiative that would enable digital transformation of Samsung SDS customers in North America. Initially, the candidate will engage with Samsung Electronics’ North American subsidiaries and then create an offering based on assets from CNCT as well as HQ that will be marketed to broad enterprise market in North America.
Head of Cloud Native Computing Team will work closely with HQ organizations as well as Samsung SDS America to make sure that technologies built by CNCT are commercialized via the cloud platform developed by Samsung SDS.
Samsung SDS is an active member of Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) since its inception and the candidate will work closely with CNCF to drive Samsung SDS agenda in this thriving open source community.
• Define the technology vision for CNCT
• Plan and execute technology development projects in collaboration with HQ as well as Samsung SDS America
• Build an alignment and collaborate with Cloud Business Unit as well as R&D Center in HQ.
• Support Cloud Business Unit in Samsung SDS America in execution of R&D Cloud initiative as well as AI Cloud business.
• Provide technology thought leadership to Samsung SDS America’s customers.
• Articulate technical concepts to all audiences, including C-level executives and customers.
• Lead an engineering team consists of cloud engineers, a product manager and a project manager.
• Make strategic hires to fill any gap in CNCT’s skills and capabilities.
• Build a high-performing engineering organization.
• Foster a culture of operational excellence, accountability, innovation and collaboration.
• Participate in CNCF activities to harness technology innovation from CNCF.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is required.
• 7+ years in a leadership role, leading talented development team.
• 12+ years in cloud technologies and a deep knowledge of software development methodologies with emphasis on Agile experience.
• Deep expertise in cloud native technologies (Docker Containers, Kubernetes, etc.) as well as emerging MLOps technologies (KubeFlow, GPU Scheduler, etc.).
• Experiences in working with open source community.
• Track record of creating IP, either proprietary or open source.
• Strong record of delivering results with deep business impact.
• Passion for pushing technical boundaries, track record of advocacy and persuasion.
• Subject matter expertise demonstrated by education, work experience, and/or publications.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills; proven ability to work effectively with technical contributors, management and executive leadership.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, 401(k), Paid Time Off (PTO)