Work in Berlin for one of the world's largest games websites and excite more than 130 million users. This is your chance to make GameDuell, a high-traffic social games community with more than 500 million page views a month, an even smarter place!
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at GameDuell, you will actively help to shape an exciting area of our company. You will be an interface between different teams and support the development of our high traffic platform.
What we expect
- You will be responsible for designing, supervising, and participating in the implementation of technologies and platforms to support our complex high-traffic infrastructure
- Provide the best monitoring and alerting solutions for our large server-farm to ensure that all necessary information is available to troubleshoot efficiently
- Find the best technical solutions and apply them using configuration management tools to maintain stability
- Develop and maintain our continuous delivery pipeline for consistent daily software releases with zero downtime (through build process, packaging, testing, and automated deployment)
- Analyze and address any performance risks
- Point of contact for provisioning, installation, and troubleshooting of system components
What we offer
- Completed university degree in the field of Technical Informatics, Computer Science, or similar, an additional LPIC Certificate would be a plus
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in a DevOps Engineer role
- 5+ years of working experience with Linux operating systems (e.g. RHL/CentOS) and cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Openstack, etc.) with a focus on scalability and maintainability
- Sound experience developing with Java and Python, experience of intensive coding in other high-level languages would be a huge advantage
- Professional experience with Build and CI systems (e.g. Maven, Jenkins) and Configuration Management tools (e.g. Ansible)
- Profound knowledge of a wide range of technologies, such as HAProxy, PostgreSQL, noSQL, VPN/IPsec, ELK stack, Prometheus, Grafana, collectd, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- High sense of ownership and responsibility
- Fluent English is mandatory, knowledge of German very welcome
- Demanding tasks and new challenges, the chance to make an impact
- Look forward to one of the best working environments in Berlin: our well-situated office in Mitte! Includes free soft drinks, fruit, pool table, table tennis, a sunny terrace, and much more
- Interesting opportunities for your personal development
- Developing the best products and inspiring our customers by providing an extraordinary game experience
- A great, performance oriented, friendly and international team is looking forward to meeting you
- Flexible working hours
- Starting immediately, fulltime
We are an ecological and socially sustainable company and have our very own “Green Team” which implements ideas and initiatives to help protect our environment and for charity. As a games community, we take our social responsibility seriously. We are co-founders of the “Leaders for Climate Action” and have committed ourselves to becoming carbon neutral.
- We pay attention to environmental friendly and resource-efficient standards when purchasing our office and food supplies
- We match your charity donations
- Join our “Green Team” and you can actively engage with charities and help to protect our environment by directly taking part in many of our green initiatives
- Social responsibility begins with each of us. Our corporate culture is characterized by mutual trust and respect. Our open and international team welcomes and respects diversity
If you are up for the challenge, then say "hello" to our recruiter Stefan!
We look forward to receiving your application. Please send your complete and detailed application including salary expectations and earliest possible start date as PDF with the subject line ‘Senior DevOps Engineer*’.
*GameDuell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices. Any terms referring to people are valid for all genders whether male, female, or diverse.