Icario is the largest technology company focused on member engagement for healthcare’s most trusted organizations. Healthcare today is nothing short of amazing. Yet all of it only works when people connect with it. And too often, they don’t. Healthcare can be impersonal. Confusing. All elbows. The record scratch at life’s party. We’re here to help connect healthcare with the people who need it. Which is everyone. How? By listening. Collaborating. And inspiring. We’re pioneering a better way forward. We’re making healthcare more human. We’re excited about the path ahead—are you ready to make the world a healthier place, one person at a time?
About the Role
At Icario, quality is leadership. Our Software Development Engineers in Test are just that -- engineering leaders who set the standard for our testing strategy. Our system reaches out to millions of people every year, and our quality engineers make sure the right message gets to the right person at the right time. Every single time. We’re looking for folks who are engineers first, who thrive in an environment where they’re asked to write software to test software, not just automate test cases. Guiding application developers on how to write more testable code, writing and setting patterns for unit tests, and working cross-team to develop system-level and end-to-end tests is the bread and butter of an SDET at Icario. This role will join our automated voice team and participate in our cross-team Quality Practice, and will report to our Software Engineering Manager.
Why We Need You
- Work with your team to review code, give feedback, and encourage best practices for writing testable code
- Create integration and system tests, setting patterns that other engineers can follow in order to make the whole team more capable of maintaining those tests
- Write and review code in Kotlin and Typescript, with the occasional load test being written in Python
- Develop test cases with the development team and product owner
- Integrate with our cross-team Quality Practice to undertake big, platform-wide initiatives (for instance: end-to-end tests, robust monitoring, and the like)
- Additional duties as assigned
- Embody Icario’s values
What We’ll Love About You
At Icario, we know that unicorns don’t exist, but Rhinos sure do! We’re not looking for the impossible, just the exceptional. If you meet a combination of the listed skills below, we encourage you to apply.
- Tenacious commitment to quality and confidence, and a proven ability to guide others to think in the same way
- An engineering mindset, with a focus on systems and their interactions, not just automating test cases
- Experience using Kotlin, Java, or similar languages, and familiarity with testing frameworks involved
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI)/CD) in a cloud environment-- we push to production 130+ times per month, and need someone for whom that’s exciting
- Experience writing integration and system tests using Amazon Web Services (AWS) managed services
What You'll Love About Us
- A multi-award winning office culture
- 4+ weeks PTO, Summer PTO, and Unlimited Health & Wellness PTO
- Competitive Medical and Dental insurance
- Wellness coach committed to helping our employees live their healthiest lifestyle
- Generous 401k program with company match
- Optional FSA, HSA, Pet insurance, Disability, Vision, and more
- Equal paternity and maternity leave
- Work-life harmony
- $1,000 employee referral bonus program
- The list goes on, apply to learn more!
Want to learn more about us? Visit us at icariohealth.com.
Icario is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing [email protected]
Icario is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to empower an inclusive workplace culture that maximizes every employee’s contribution; widens the leadership pipeline; and ultimately increases the quality of our ideas, products, and our collective mindset. The intersection of opinions and experiences is made stronger by the power of diverse voices, ideas, and perspectives. By championing diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workforce and workplace culture, we're helping ensure we can meet the challenges of the future. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.