About The Opportunity
In This Role, You Will
- We are seeking an assured Principal Engineer to establish, and deliver upon, a shared team Technical Vision which is aligned with the product roadmap that results in big outcomes for our customers.
- Our cross-functional teams are passionate about collaboration and sharing knowledge, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy.
- As a Principal Engineer at Trifacta, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in safeguarding high standards and setting a clear technical agenda within your team. You will also have a significant impact on the growth of the individuals within this team.
- Manage product technical roadmaps and dependencies to minimise technical debt
- You will champion knowledge sharing, cultivate learning and avoid knowledge silos in the team
- Demonstrate healthy modern engineering practices through writing clean, well-tested and well-refactored code with the team.
- Demonstrate behaviours that encourage the DevSecOps culture and the pragmatic engineering attitude
- Lead initiatives to improve our company-wide engineering culture and discover ways to multiply the effectiveness of the team and the organisation
- Be involved in recruitment and employer brand projects to help make our engineering team stronger
- What you need to be successful:
- Experience architecting and developing complex systems for CD in a cloud-based environment
- Experience with modern engineering practices such as clean code, TDD, refactoring
- Previous experience leading an engineering team as a servant-leader
- Language Skills: full professional proficiency in English
- Experience developing, debugging, and testing web applications and distributed systems
- Experience with object-oriented design
- English language fluency, excellent communication skills
- Excellent team player
- Experience with Cloud platforms (GCP, AWS)
- Good understanding of Kubernetes and it’s echo system
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
What you can expect from us
- A love of learning and love of helping others to learn and grow
- A passion for building a diverse and inclusive environment
- A sense of independence and an ability to establish structures or processes to adapt to a constantly evolving domain and environment
- A passion for tech with very close collaboration with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Accelerate your career growth by joining one of the most exciting opportunities in the data space.
- We will help you grow your skills through mentorships and education support. Our environment is focussed on collaboration and learning.
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of diverse peers, and access to cutting edge technologies
- You will have a direct impact on the success of our projects.
Trifacta, the pioneer in data transformation, significantly enhances the value of an enterprise’s Big Data by enabling users to easily transform raw, complex data into clean and structured inputs for analysis. Leveraging decades of innovative work in human-computer interaction, scalable data management, and machine learning, Trifacta’s unique Predictive Interaction technology creates a bidirectional partnership between user and machine, with each component learning from the other and becoming smarter through use. Trifacta is backed by venture capital firms Accel, Greylock and Ignition Partners and is headquartered in San Francisco.