Does the idea of talking about remote work excite you?
Are you passionate about helping people find more freedom in their work and lives?
Join the club and keep reading! 👀 We at We Work Remotely help millions of people around the world find remote work every day. Since 2011, thousands of companies have trusted us to help find qualified remote candidates to join their distributed teams. On top of offering a top-notch platform to so, we also believe it’s our duty to help spread the word about the benefits of remote work, and to ensure that both job seekers and companies have the tools in place to either find a job or hire effectively.
Our team is looking for a Marketing & Community Coordinator to help us keep us in the remote leadership sphere! In this role, you’ll get to:
- Lead and engage with our large community of job seekers and remote companies
- Plan and coordinate our content initiatives and projects
- Provide support for our customers
- Plan, guide and coordinate all marketing projects and campaigns
We’re looking for someone with:
- A passion for marketing. You love continuously learning about the latest trends and best practices.
- A breadth of skills. You don’t have to be the very best email marketer, webinar host or social media manager, but you’re excited to dig in and run with whatever is the most needed at the time.
- Some design skills. You know what visuals are engaging and appealing across various platforms.
- A standard for quality. You love delivering quality content in an organized manner, meeting deadlines and managing details.
- A solid understanding of your working style. This role requires both strategy and implementation and you’ll get full autonomy to approach your work the way you want to.
- An openness to try new things. We’re big fans of agile environments and testing. We value testing and adaptability almost as much as having a solid process in place.
- Emotional intelligence and self-awareness. Working on a remote team means understanding the nuances of team dynamics, never assuming, and communicating openly and kindly.
- Strong writing and communication skills. You can convey your ideas and thoughts through various mediums that go beyond email and chat, and adapt your writing to communicate succinctly on specific platforms.
- Plan, guide and coordinate all marketing projects and campaigns.
- Work and collaborate with Product, Development and Account Management.
- Assist with the Marketing portions of company-wide internal campaigns and product initiatives.
- Help out with upcoming and undefined marketing/community items as needed.
- Plan, guide, and coordinate the WWR editorial calendar for our content hub spots:
- Plan and coordinate content projects and initiatives (ex. Long-form Guides, webinars, etc.).
- Plan and push out Weekly Newsletters.
- Provide content for our Social Media pages (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn).
- Engage with our remote worker community Slack group.
- Manage the Support Inbox and answer customer questions.
- 2+ years in marketing for an online company
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Experience with writing and content creation/management
- Experience with managing Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Experience with Mailchimp, CMS systems and Slack
- Eagerness and willingness to try and learn new things
- Experience with creating visual assets for social media platforms, blog articles, newsletters, etc.
What it’s like to work with WWR:
This role is contract-based to start.
You’ll be joining a small remote team of friendly and progressive individuals. We don’t care where you work, what hours you work, or how you work. We don’t hire assholes. But we do care about your well-being, if you’re a good person, and if you’re able to execute your work effectively. No micro-managers over here, only people who value trust, autonomy and quality work.
We’re passionate about remote work, creating awesome communities and making jobs more accessible to everyone. Our stable and relaxed working environment is balanced with a natural curiosity to test and try new things while maintaining a strong foundation for communication and collaboration to thrive. Adopting an outcome-driven approach, we take pride in working hard while supporting work-life balance and embracing a high culture of trust.
- Freedom to choose when and where you work from
- Unlimited vacation and mental health days, plus your local stat holidays
- Healthcare benefits package (after initial 2 month contract period)
- Fully remote culture
- Design your own schedule
- Hardware budget
- Coverage for learning and development
Still here? Love what you’re seeing? Please apply with a resume and a cover letter that includes your salary expectations and why you’d be an awesome fit for WWR. Bonus points if you provide specific examples of email campaigns you’ve run, social media accounts you’ve grown, content marketing campaigns you’ve executed, or other lead gen activities you’ve been involved with running.