Would you like to use your skills to help non-academic talent to have the same career opportunities you have? Join the Heyvolution!
We use a rich data set we collect along the hiring processes of many companies & machine-learning technologies to connect people to their next job. On the other side, with the HeyJobs platform, we enable recruiters - our customers - who are desperately looking for talent, to get their open positions filled quickly with perfectly matching candidates.
With more than 1700 customers and a team of 135+, our vision is to become the trustworthy career advisor for talent in Europe - making exhausting and non-transparent application processes a thing of the past.
As Engineering Manager (f/m/d), you will be responsible for technical as well as the people leadership of our Inventory & Integration team.
The team is in charge of two key components of our HeyJobs platform:
- Our inventory ingests and processes several hundred thousands of job offers daily from various sources. It is available as job inventory to other teams and also helps to generate insights from this data to improve our talent experience.
- Our integrations ensure that new jobs from our customers are instantly available on the HeyJobs platform and fitting candidates are directly sent into our customers' application tracking systems (ATS). We therefore integrate with most well known ATS systems as well as provide custom solutions where needed.
Technologies we use in the team include: Python, Serverless Framework, AWS Lambda, AWS SQS, AWS SNS, AWS Aurora, AWS API Gateway, Webmethods.io, Ruby on Rails. Read here about our latest learnings in adopting serverless.
As the team and company is growing you will engage in both broadening the scope of the team in terms of new features and products as well as ensure scaling with the foreseeable partner and data growth. You will also help grow our R&D organisation in all dimensions as part of the technical leadership team together with your fellow engineering manager colleagues.
In your role, you will report directly to the CTO.
- Technical Leadership experience combined with hands-on experience
- Experience in growing and leading engineers as a line manager
- Hands-on Python programming experience
- Hands-on experience working with Serverless applications OR event driven architectures
- Experience in building scalable production systems incl. monitoring and automated tests
- Experience working with large datasets
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Hands-on experience with managing AWS accounts with the help of our infrastructure team
- Experience with AWS services especially serverless components
- Great english communication skills (written and verbal)
- Pragmatic, can-do attitude (you like to dive deep and get things done)
- Experience working with Scrum
- Eager to learn and grow professionally
- Hands-on Ruby on Rails programming experience
- Hands-on DevOps experience
- Data science, pandas knowledge
- Machine learning knowledge
- Docker/containers knowledge
- Hands-on Serverless framework experience
- Prior experience working in a startup environment
- Experience with AWS Aurora
- Experience working with OKRs
- Create immediate impact by helping jobseekers find the right job to live a fulfilling life with the HeyJobs platform faster and easier, ultimately allowing them to use our services at scale
- Plan and deliver on quarterly objectives and initiatives together with your team and in close collaboration with your Product Manager and other stakeholders
- Lead diverse technical initiatives in the team while delegating and coaching for growth
- Lead the team through scaling, technical challenges and architecture evolution
- Drive improvements in terms of monitoring, data quality and further resilience
- Help balance feature delivery with technical debt management and technical improvements
- Lead the professional growth of the individuals in the existing team as well as hire new engineers as needed
- Collaborate with your fellow engineering manager colleagues with regards to architecture evolution and general practice improvements for R&D
- Contribute hands-on yourself
- Enjoy constantly learning and growing with us
- Great product with purpose: To help people get the right job to live a fulfilling life. Learn more here.
- Welcoming company culture: Our values - Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, Drive - are integrated in all areas of our organization and build the core for a respectful and people-focused culture. Learn more.
- Remote work: 100% in Covid times, 3 days a week otherwise, several weeks full/year
- Diverse Team: 23 different nationalities, 47% women (50% women in leadership), 38% of employees working in tech, LGBT+
- Modern technology stack: Check out our Stack.
- High-quality equipment: Electric standing desk, MacBook of choice, etc.
- Career development: Clear 7-step career framework supported by In-house trainings and personal development budget for external trainings/conferences
- Secure Job: Over 1’500 large clients, proven business model & over 20M€ financing
- Work-Life Balance: Flexible working hours, paid sabbaticals and more
- Perks & Benefits: Mila health, weekly team lunch, annual company retreat, sports membership, employee stock options, fresh fruit & great drinks and much more
- Great Office: Air-conditioned office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, Paul-Lincke Ufer - great lunch options and food markets
Want to know more about us?
We are proud to have been continuously ranked as one of Berlin’s best tech employers! See for yourself:
Top Tech Employer in Berlin: http://bit.ly/happyHJ
Top 25 LinkedIn Startups: http://bit.ly/top25li
To find more about us, check out our…