Pixie brings small accountancy and bookkeeping teams together to collaborate and deliver better service to their clients. Our software helps them manage work, clients and deadlines in one place.
We are building a sustainable, global business, backed by world-class angel investors who believe in our mission.
We are at an exciting inflexion point in our business and are looking for people who are experts in their field to join our team and help us shape its future while respecting our values:
- Go the distance
- Continuous learning
We are looking for a talented and experienced Ruby on Rails engineer to join our engineering team. This is a remote position that requires an overlap with GMT +/- 3. We hire in any country within these timezone boundaries.
You have the desire to lead, design, and implement features in a small but growing Rails application. You have a track record of turning complex business requirements into elegant, well-tested code. You have experience creating stable and reliable integrations with external systems.
You take pride in delivering products that have a positive impact on the daily lives of customers.
Your immediate responsibilities will include:
- Be a subject matter expert on Ruby on Rails and its software patterns.
- Write high-quality, well-tested Rails software and take full ownership for feature delivery.
- Recommend best-practice approaches and provide timeline estimates.
- Debug production issues across systems and our tech stack.
- Develop integrations with external systems, possibly contributing to open-source projects.
- Contribute to code reviews and offer your perspective on Pixie’s user experience.
- Meet our product quality and code security standards.
- Lastly but not least, develop a deep understanding of our product and its customer base.
- Have 4+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Have production experience with our Rails stack: Ruby on Rails, Sidekiq, Puma, Postgresql.
- A proven track record of delivering features end-to-end.
- Willingness to engage with customers, learn about their jobs-to-be-done and incorporate those learnings into Pixie’s product and technology.
- A good understanding of DevOps with Gitlab CI and Gitlab Review environments.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to participate in video calls when needed.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Market-rate salary + share options scheme.
- Budget for WFH set-up, or co-working desk (when possible).
- Discretionary budget for learning (e.g. books, courses).
- Flexible working hours and holiday breaks.
- Plenty of room and support to continue growing professionally.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We consider all applications equally and strongly encourage people from groups traditionally underrepresented in tech to apply.