Starburst is looking for a Engineering Manager to join our team. This group features very strong software engineering talent, with years of core database engine and distributed systems development experience. As a manager you’ll be leading the design and development of the infrastructure software for Starburst products, including our emerging Starburst Galaxy product and bringing Trino into a next generation SaaS offering.
- Collaborate with technical leads, management and product managers across Starburst Data.
- Manage and motivate one or more teams of software engineers focused on various aspects of the Starburst Galaxy product, focused mainly on the kubernetes platform and our complex production ecosystem.
- Drive technical direction and provide leadership and transparency in an agile environment
- Partner with other engineering leaders to find the best solution to a wide array of problems, define best practices, and build cutting-edge software
- Coach and mentor engineers of all levels, from junior engineers to technical leads
- Recruit, interview, hire and onboard new engineers
- 2+ years of engineering management experience with a total of 8 years or more experience
- Experience developing SaaS/PaaS products in a production environment
- Demonstrable experience in shipping features rapidly, in a rapidly changing product.
- 2+ years experience with Kubernetes
- 2+ years experience with Go (Golang)
- Experience with AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- A passion for software engineering and interest in all phases of the agile software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience with good engineering practices and software craftsmanship
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark
- Experience with HashiCorp tools
- Experience working on SaaS products or with Service Oriented Architectures
- Experience with BigData processing tools / analytical engines
- Knowledge of the JVM ecosystem (running, debugging)
- Knowledge of distributed systems design, implementation and testing