Our Operations Team runs external, customer-facing systems as well as our internal IT infrastructure. As a DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for the setup, installation, monitoring and troubleshooting of our Linux-based infrastructure. We are looking for someone to join our team in Munich — remote work options can also be considered.
As an DevOps Engineer at InterNations, you will:
- be responsible for the administration of Linux-based systems (Debian and Ubuntu)
- run software like nginx, PHP, MySQL/MariaDB, Redis and RabbitMQ
- manage configuration changes and releases using Ansible
- design and implement monitoring and alerting solutions
- build and run docker containers on multiple environments from dev to production
- actively contribute towards bottleneck diagnosis and performance optimization
- work closely together with the Engineering teams on performance, scalability and operability
- run, troubleshoot and extend our Jenkins-based Continuous Delivery Pipeline
You meet the following requirements:
- significant previous experience with running Linux systems in a production environment, especially in the context of web applications
- a very good understanding of networking and networking appliances: routing, switching, load balancers, firewalls
- significant experience with running a relational database system under significant load (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- no trouble picking up a scripting language or two in order to implement custom solutions
- previous experience in performance analysis and optimization on a Linux stack
- experience with virtualization, container technology or configuration management is a plus
Are you the right one for the job?
Then send us your application (CV and cover letter) today!