Next Big Thing is a company builder focused on the machine economy. Backed by €18m of investment, we are building a series of fast growth ventures that will transform the way the world works for decades to come. Our multi-disciplinary team of engineers, designers, startup entrepreneurs and industry specialists support founders with deep expertise and clear vision to build their next big thing.
The materials produced by the metals and mining sector are essential to our society. Mineral products are used to power our cities, and to create our cars, solar panels, fertilizers, and buildings. As the demand for raw materials rise and natural-resourse supplies shrink, companies need to restrategize and re-think elements of their business to adapt to change. We see this as an opportunity to create Industry 4.0 solutions that improve raw material processing and extraction practices and help achieve a more sustainable and resilient industry.
Our goal is to help improve transparency and efficiency for the industry. We aim to improve several process steps and achieve a consistent level of business management enabled by data transparency. The core of the business is an IoT solution and management platform that drives asset management best-practices within the metal and minerals processing factories.
We are looking for
An experienced and driven product co-founder for a startup developing IoT solutions for the Business Process Flows of metals and mining operations. Main responsibility will lie in building the IoT product and the team around it to help the overall business achieve its goals.
You will work closely with your co-founder to bring forward an IoT startup solution to manage Business Process Flows within metals and mining operations.
What we look for in you
- Work together with another expert Co-Founder and Engineering Lead on the technical and product strategy of an early-stage startup
- Manage engineering processes within the company
- Source and hire tech talent & build a strong tech team
- Analyzing the user impact of product features, defining key metrics for success and optimizing user flows using controlled experiments and user testing
Nice to haves
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Experience in Reactjs/Vue and core front-end technologies
- Proven experience with cloud-native technologies (preferably Amazon's AWS)
- Good experience in databases, Unix systems, Git and test automation frameworks
What to expect working with us:
- Hands-on experience with Tensorflow, Keras or similar ML frameworks
- Familiarity with Go and C/C++
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with big data technologies and stream processing (Spark, Kafka etc)
- Good knowledge of REST, RPC's, APIs and experience in building and deploying software (CI/CD)
- The opportunity to de-risk your startup journey with our co-founding services covering Pre-Seed/Seed funding Rounds to ensure that you can develop the case to its full potential
- Fixed salary and access to share ownership program
- Autonomy and the freedom to define and drive the strategic direction of the venture
- A supportive, entrepreneurial environment, with a culture of supporting founders in the good and hard times from our 50 person Venture, Product and Market Development teams
- Work within a flat hierarchy among international team members from 20+ countries
- Free drinks (coffee, tea, softdrinks) & fruits
- Hardware of your choice (choose between Mac or Windows (Linux possible) laptop
- New and well-equipped office directly at Zoologischer Garten in Berlin
We value diversity and therefore expressly welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, physical abilities, age, sexual orientation and identity.
We look forward to receiving your application.